• Register Today It's free!

Which Exhaust

dothedeww

Reaction score
City, State
West Friendship, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
I have the 2006 XLT V6 and I'm going to get dual exhaust soon. Anyone recommend one? I dont want a lot of drone in the cabin but I want as close to a v8 sound as possible, but not overwhelming. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have a flowmaster 40 single outlet right now but I think it sounds a little like a rice-eater.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I heard a V8 Explorer will give that V8 sound.... I know my V8 sounds pretty sweet.

what about changing to the 44?

i go single in and dual out 40 series flows on my 01 sport and i love how it sounds but i am thinkin of getting true duals

dual exhaust on a V6 isnt really worth it...

you lose so much back pressure... best goin 2.5'' single pipe...

that 1/4'' and loss of the resonators and stock muffler make a really noticable difference

ah, I ended up getting single in dual out flowmaster 40...and im super happy with the sound, and the explorer actually seems to have gained some power.

do u got pics of ur single in and dual out and do u still got the spare or got rid of it. I still got the spare on my sport.

and u should post a sound clip too

Im gonna try to get pix up tommrow. I still have my spare..the way they ran it was very interesting, but I'm afriad ill tear it off since the pipes are ran under the rear diff. Ill try to get a good sound clip too tommrow.

Just ran the explorer for the first time today with teh new exhaust..and it sounds amazing, and teh power is definitly noticeable. I passed someone today and the way the back end of the explorer dropped and that thing took off was amazing compared to teh old explorer. I also have the KKM intake on it, not sure how much of a difference that would make

100_0779.jpg

100_0780.jpg

How they ran it..liek I said..I think ill bottom this out pretty quick...

100_0781.jpg

100_0782.jpg

And just for kicks the blu-light mod...

100_0777.jpg

Sound Clip...

sounds good and nice blue light mod

DEW: That sounds awesome! :cool:Think I will get a Flowmaster muffler for mine. I have a question... is that a single in, dual out muffler or did you do true duals? I want dual tips out the rear under the bumper on the left side, that is why I am wondering.

Like this:
26475320034_medium.jpg

DEW: That sounds awesome! :cool:Think I will get a Flowmaster muffler for mine. I have a question... is that a single in, dual out muffler or did you do true duals? I want dual tips out the rear under the bumper on the left side, that is why I am wondering.

Like this:
26475320034_medium.jpg

I did single in dual out...I had a single in single out flowmaster and it sounded weak...I have a vid of that somewhere on here too..the dual out really made it deeper..a lot deeper

Back