Which fuse? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which fuse?

powderhound77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
The remote lock/unlock on all of my keys suddenly stopped working. The button on the inside of door works to lock and unlock the doors and the keypad on the outside works fine. I'm hoping there is a fuse I can check. I looked in the owners Manuel but couldn't see a fuse that is for the remote lock/unlock receiver alone. All fuses are labeled for systems that are working fine. Does anyone know if there is a fuse directly correlated to the lock and unlock function from the key remotes?

The keys all start the vehicle fine. I tried to reprogram them and ther was no change.

Thank you.

I don't think there would be a fuse for the remote lock/unlock. On your XLT does the remote do anything else, like Liftgate or Remote Start? It would seem that the signal from your remote is not being received by the vehicle but it does sense it's presence. In the Limited I think the sensor is located at the front of the console. Not sure if it's the same with the XLT. Have you put anything there just prior to this issue that may possibly be interfering with the signal?

Peter

I don't think there would be a fuse for the remote lock/unlock. On your XLT does the remote do anything else, like Liftgate or Remote Start? It would seem that the signal from your remote is not being received by the vehicle but it does sense it's presence. In the Limited I think the sensor is located at the front of the console. Not sure if it's the same with the XLT. Have you put anything there just prior to this issue that may possibly be interfering with the signal?

Peter

That's what I'm afraid of; the keys start the vehicle is they are programmed correctly and the Ex recognizes them. I haven't done anything to it or added anything. Since it happened spontaneously, my thoughts are there is a fuse that needs to be replaced or the signal receiver module has gone bad and needs replacing. I was hoping for a simple fuse fix.

By the way, it's a 2011 XLT. It has had its share of problems so I'm hoping the signal receiver doesn't need to be replaced. :thumbdwn:

Thanks Peter.

That's what I'm afraid of; the keys start the vehicle is they are programmed correctly and the Ex recognizes them. I haven't done anything to it or added anything. Since it happened spontaneously, my thoughts are there is a fuse that needs to be replaced or the signal receiver module has gone bad and needs replacing. I was hoping for a simple fuse fix.

By the way, it's a 2011 XLT. It has had its share of problems so I'm hoping the signal receiver doesn't need to be replaced. :thumbdwn:

Thanks Peter.
I guess as a last resort you could try a Master Reset. It would mean pairing your phone again and re entering any radio presets. I think it may also affect and saved items that you have in Navigation if you have that. Good luck.

Peter

Back