which intake should i get KKM or MAC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which intake should i get KKM or MAC

evoq007

Reaction score
City, State
Boxford, MA(Home); Rochester, NY(School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Sport
which one will i notice the most power increase out of?? the one they sell at EE or KKM, please share all opinions

Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are pretty much the same as far as performance. It comes down to wheather or not you want to spend the extra $$$ on the pipe.

If you want it, I've got a used KKM for sale for $40.

Let me know,

-Lloyd

I don't have the EE's but I do have the KKM and I'm pretty happy with it. It gives a nice howl when you floor it. :)

i have a mac and i love it it makes a nice little whistle when driving and i personally think the pipe looks nice

hey XPLO, in your sig it says u got the MAC one, what differences have u noticed? and im probably still interested in the KKM, how long did u use it for

MAC. peformance is great, and it looks good too ;)

8559347654_6.jpg

geez guys, im still dont know which one to get....lol more opinions!!!!
thanks ya'll

Scott

When your engine heats up, it will get hotter air with the metal pipe, as opposed to the less expensive KKM. However, as far as appearance, the MAC is better.

When the air heats up in the metal pipe do you lose that much hp, is it that significant or harldy noticeable? Trying to decide between the two as well.

I've heard from many people that hot air will cause the engine to lose some hp. Im not sure if its high-end, midrange, low-end, or all around power. I wouldnt say its significant, but its more than hardly noticeable ;).

I've also heard about loss of horsepower when the metal tube heats up. I love my kkm. It wasn't too hard to put in, and it is a cinch to clean. I also love the "roar" I get when i get on it.

Power loss to heat soak is minimal. The air is moving so fast through the piping that it does not have time to heat up.

All the piping in 3 of my turbocharged cars were aluminum, before and after the intercooler. Heat soak is minimal.

honestly the metal MAC does not get that hot. i thought it would at first, but after driving around you can quickly pop the hood and wrap your hand right around the metal tube. it's just really warm, not hot at all.

hmm, i think ill just get the KKM, i mean its 40bucks cheaper..lol...

Scott

Originally posted by Skeets'91EB
When your engine heats up, it will get hotter air with the metal pipe, as opposed to the less expensive KKM. However, as far as appearance, the MAC is better.
This has never been proven with actual test results. The reverse of this argument would be that the incoming air would cool the pipe from the inside. Also, the stock intake tube is rather restrictive in that it has ridges which would inhibit airflow.

I have the MAC, btw.

TeamXplo If he doesnt take it I will. LMK Will send MO or do paypal

Hey Rookie, you can take it, i cant get one until xmas anyways

Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go for the MAC

It's all about the chrome tube man :cool:

I have it and I love it.

Back