which is better, Skyjacker, or Superlift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which is better, Skyjacker, or Superlift

Blaine122300

Elite Non explorer owner
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Land Rover Disco
I know that superlift is coming out with their revamped 6" class II susp. lift after the first of the year. Do you think it will be better than the skyjacker 5.5" lift. Should I wait for the new superlift, or just get the 5.5" from skyjacker now. Is there any real difference? What will be the benifits of going with one virsus the other?

Any help will be much apprecieated.

Thank you

Andy

Oh yeah, I got my 2" lift on, and it just fueled my mind for mor lift. I knew I shoulda just gotten the big lift from the beginning. Oh well, you live and learn I guess.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only thing I can say about superlift is that there warranty sucks.

I was out rock crawlin when I snapped one of the front drop brackets. Got it home took off the bracket and sent it to them for refund. They said no cause the bracket broke due to "abuse." Abuse my a**!!! How do you abuse a drop bracket that was only on the vehicle for 2 months? Other then that I haven't had a single prob with superlift.

I think you got the 2 kits backwards. Skyjacker is re-doing their 6" kit. Superlift still has their 5.5" kit with relocation brackets for the SOA conversion.

Van

Does anyone know exactly what date that skyjacker is coming out with its new 6" class II lift? If it is soon, I will wait for it, otherwise, I will go with the 5.5 from super lift. Will the extra .5" make a big difference, or can you even tell? Thanks.

Andy

I agree, go with SkyJacker Class II front end kit and do a custom SOA.

Back