Which lift to go with???

mdlrvenom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boonton, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer XLT
I've been looking at the 3 major lift companies... including skyjacker, superlift, james duff. Has anyone heard of "Jack-It" lifts... here is the URL for their site...Dead Link Removed
my question is has anyone heard of this company, used their product?:confused:
also the reason i am opting to go with their lift is that they seem to include everything you need to lift the truck in one whole shot..
if i'm not mistaken skyjacker kits come with everything except pitman arm, and shocks, but the sytem does but i have heard that they do not include the hardware to lift the rear (seems odd for the price tag of $1240.) and superlift's 5.5' lift comes in both superlift or superrunner system.... the difference being a longer radius arm..
i want to run 33's use the truck as a daily driver with the occasional (once a month or so )excursion of road..
thanks for the info
anthony:frustrate :frustrate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't trust the Jack-It company, they have a pic of a Skyjacker lifted truck. James Duff is probably the best quality/strength, followed by SkyJacker then Superlift.

There are a lot of options. I have the James Duff 2.5" which I am in the process of making a 4". I really like it, but there is no way I could fit 33's with just the out-of-the-box lift. However, you could get the JD lift, then fiberglass fenders from Perry's. You'd be able to fit 33's, and still maintain a low center of gravity. Or, you could get a 4", I recommend Skyjacker Class II, but 33's would still be a tight fit. Another thing you must consider, is that with 33's, you'll need to put in gears, and then with the lift you'll need longer brakelines. This can get quite expensive and I reccomend doing everything at once. I didn't and I'm still trying to get stuff done and I've had my lift for over a year.

Quick question - im planning to get a 5.5 SL and 33's. But i wouldnt have money for gears. How big of a deal are they. What would happen if i didnt have them.

good question i was wondering the same thing.
also kyle i wouldn't just be running the james duff lift i would also install a 3" body lift with it...
i wouldn't mind getting the skyjacker lift i just want to know that when i get it, it has everything that i need
and the jack-it company was referred to me by the skyjacker web site so i'm at a loss. maybe i'll just email them and ask em or call one or the other
anthony

The Skyjacker kit will definitely have eberything you need. I think they even come with brakelines as well.

As far as gears go, it varies on which gears you have now. If you have 3.73's or 4.10s (although I don't think any 91-94's came with 4.10's) you may be alright for a little while. I have 31's and 3.55's and I hate it. I also have a manual transmission. But if you have an automatic and have too big of tires for your gears, you can easily damage it. Honestly, wait until you can do everything at once. It will save you a lot of hassle, money, and time.

thanx for the info... whats the difference between the system I and II by sckyjacker?
i have an auto trans with with 3:55's, shes a dog now with the stock tires i was thinking more along the lines of 4"56's
and one last ?, maybe i should post a new thread for this but i'll do it any way... with the different types of lockers out there which would you prefer if you had a daily driver as weekend or so excursion?
thanx
mdlr

I'm really considering getting a powertrax no slip for mine, along with 4.10's. I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Back