which lights should i put on the front of my car? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which lights should i put on the front of my car?

here is a poll to see your guys' opinion... right now im pretty set on the lightforce 170's for now then when i get my roof rack i might move them from the bumper to the rack and get some lightforce 240s for the bumper if i feel i want to go bigger. what would you guys do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hella 500s b/c I have them and they look cool and they are not that expensive relative to everything else and they work well. They have a 1000' range (driviing lights obviously) but the black magics have 7500' range. Why anyone needs to see something 1.5 miles in front of them I dont know.
If you got the money get whatever floats your boat. Or get the cheaper ones and send me a check for the rest! :)
Gary

KC Hilites Stainless Steel Sealed Beam Daylighters :). 385,000 candlepower each with a 23 year warranty. I've had the black shell version for almost 10 years now. I'd get the Stainless because of the rust resistance. They put out a tremendous amout of light and the warranty can't be beat!!

I agree

I Am gonna agree with JDraper. I got the KC hilites myself. And all I can say is WOW THOSE THINGS ARE BRIGHT. I got 4 of the 150w ones on my roof rack. And believe me when they say you can see a long way away.

I did a big ol lightforce vs. piaa review a while back. I like the lightforce for durability, but what you get for the $$$, and the amount of light produced was not the greatest. I try to stay away from Hella, had bad experience with them. I'd say the PIAa or the KC.

PIAA's most definitely. I will buy nothing else now.

get the kc daylighters.... plus, you get those cool yellow plastic covers with the sunglasses :cool:
or ge tthe 130 procomp lights (they appear to be the same as the kcs in most respects)

I love my Pro Comps, and they seem to be the cheapest out of all of them. Ive had them for about 5 years with no problems at all, and they are extremely bright.

Hella because they are well known. I would've voted KC Lites but it isn't there. :rolleyes: KC Lites has 23 year replacement warranty and I've tested that warranty after just 6 years. They got about 2 week turnaround.

Hella 4000's

Are you looking for that smaller size? If not, go with some Hella rally 4000 flamethrowers!!

Back