which manual hub?

JoshC

Only rolled it once honey
Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Which do you all think is best? This will be on a 1/2 ton D44. I'm in the market and i'd like to know what the rest of you all are running.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same ones too and.. they.. work... awesome! :D :p

Warn premiums on mine

wow this is sad....only 1 out of these 4 people can actually use their hubs/4x4 right now :rolleyes:

Actually it's 0. I think.

What's wrong with Colin's?

Broke his driver's side shafts while we where in Texas. :D

The hub still works fine though... :(

BrokenShafts.jpg

Sweet, is that the new CTM invisi-joint?

bmxking5 said:
wow this is sad....only 1 out of these 4 people can actually use their hubs/4x4 right now :rolleyes:
LOL meany head :p

but seriously, i think its a requirement to also have a front locker along with hubs;) which i still need to get.

I was thinking the same thing when i was going through the replies, none of these guys are 100% done with the swap yet! lol, but thanks. Are the superwinch premiums any good? I just found a good price on a set off of ebay. I'll probably get the warns, my cousin is the store manager at one of local Advance Autos and he gets me 20% off :D

Yeah i knew yours was finished, i meant the guys at first. I've got 2 sets of stock 78 shafts that i'll run for a while.

I got Warn full floating rear Jeep hubs on my 1st gen. X D35.
Well I still need to put them on permanently.

rookieshooter said:
.. Warn full floating rear Jeep hubs on my 1st gen. X D35.
whew - thats confusing :D .. full floating, rear, hubs, dana 35

I have one stock f150 hub off a ttb dana 44 and my other is a standard warn hub. I blew up an f 150 hub so far and I got the regular warns for $40 so I am running them now. I have heard good things about the premiums and the superwinch ones. I think rick has the super winch ones.

IZwack said:
whew - thats confusing :D .. full floating, rear, hubs, dana 35

IMG_3008.jpg

Yep, that's the part Jeep # for the rear axel. Stronger then the part # that Warn lists for the X. Heavier made, guit a bit more weight. Direct bolt on. Warn won't even admit it LOL

I run the Warn premiums on my D44 with Warn axles and Longfield 300m joints. So far so good. The NM trails tend to not like the Warn Premiums so much because many of my wheeling friends are always breaking them on local trails. Cant go wrong with a lifetime warranty though, just be sure to carry a spare on the trail. I have heard good things about the standard Warn hubs because they are supposedly made from something different than the premiums that tend to last longer. I picked 1 up at the junkyard for a spare to test that theory down the road.

Havent heard much about the Superwinch hubs other than from Rick. I did have a friend running a superwinch on one side and a warn premium on the other climbing a huge waterfall, locked, and the Warn grenaded and the Superwinch hub held. I just bought a set off ebay for $15 delivered for spares so I will probably try them out in the future.

There are always the old reliable drive flanges that I carry as well. Those are much harder to break. Rockcrusher just came out with Dana 44 flanges that look really good. One of these days I will probably go that route.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rookieshooter said:
Yep, that's the part Jeep # for the rear axel.
so its for the rear?

Back