• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

which pulley is....

roush9799

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Which pulley is between the water pump pulley and power steering pump pulley and under an idler pulley? Is it another idler pulley? It has a wobble to it and I want to replace it. It's a 4.6L.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JoshMcMadMac

Reaction score
City, State
Waynesboro, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
I believe you are referring to the ribbed idler pulley:

roush9799

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Yep, that would be the one. I assume all I have to do is take the bolt out of the center to remove it? I plan on changing the belt at the same time, it's showing quite a few cracks, I imagine it's the original anyways.

EXPLORER04

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
yep, 1 bolt 5 minute job. Part is normally stocked at all auto stores

JoshMcMadMac

Reaction score
City, State
Waynesboro, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
Yep, that would be the one. I assume all I have to do is take the bolt out of the center to remove it? I plan on changing the belt at the same time, it's showing quite a few cracks, I imagine it's the original anyways.

That is it. Just be mindful if it is reverse threaded...I do not remember if it is or not.