Which rock crawlers to get??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which rock crawlers to get???

I was originally going to get the normal rock crawlers but I saw that 4WP has some new rock crawlers out and I kind of like them. Which ones do you guys like?

Original
rockcrawler_series-51_b.jpg

New
rockcrawler_02.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the new ones!!!:thumbsup:

i like the white ones in the backround man!!! seriously

I've been checking out all the black wheels lately and found Cragar makes a set of those, but I think Cragars only come in 4" backspacing. Havent seen any references to RockCrawler making those but would like to see the sizes available before I order the D Window style.

I was also looking at the new ones from 4WP. They also make them in chrome. But I havn't seen any priceing on them yet. Do they cost the same? I hope so! :rolleyes:

rockcrawler_01.jpg

They are $3 more for the black ones than the regular black crawlers. The chrome ones are prolly $3 more than the regular chrome ones.

Texplorer said:
They are $3 more for the black ones than the regular black crawlers. The chrome ones are prolly $3 more than the regular chrome ones.

SOLD! :bounce:

Has anyone called to see what sizes they come in and the backspacing? If anyone calls, find out if they come in 15x8" with 3.75" backspacing and the cost.

15x8 with 3.75"bs $42.99

I like the streetlocks the best. I personally like the older D style better than the "O" ones. I'd have to see them on an X to really get a good idea of how they'd look.

Well, I'll post a pic as soon as I receive mine. Thanks guys.

Did anyone get these yet? :(

I think I may order some in the next few weeks. but I wanna know if any one got them yet and how they like them.

I ordered mine and should be getting them tomorrow or Tuesday :thumbsup:

Yeah, where are these pictures that we were suppose to get?

I kinda dig those!!! :)

Weird, steelies are going from many small holes to a few large holes.............while outlaws went from a few large holes to many small holes.

i like hte looks of the new style black ones with the holes versus the d window....

i dont however like chrome! i work in the tire indusrty and have a big thing against chrome... as in on the lower quality steel wheels, they tend to easily corrode on the insides, and this corrosion leads to pitted chrome and the bead seat area leaking due to imperfections in the rim not the tire....

jimabena74 said:
i like hte looks of the new style black ones with the holes versus the d window....

i dont however like chrome! i work in the tire indusrty and have a big thing against chrome... as in on the lower quality steel wheels, they tend to easily corrode on the insides, and this corrosion leads to pitted chrome and the bead seat area leaking due to imperfections in the rim not the tire....

Ah...man don't say that! :( I was gonna get the crome ones...but now you got me think'n. I didn't want to get the black one cause them my truck will be .....well Black and White :rolleyes: Maybe I'll buy the black one's and paint them grey or something.

If the chrome is kept clean..........it will last for years!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still trying to figure out the pricing. I called and they are wanting 56.00 a piece instead of the 42.00 mentioned above. Does anyone have someone specific that they spoke to?

Back