Which rock crawlers to get??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which rock crawlers to get???

I was originally going to get the normal rock crawlers but I saw that 4WP has some new rock crawlers out and I kind of like them. Which ones do you guys like?

Original
rockcrawler_series-51_b.jpg

New
rockcrawler_02.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Call and ask for the Rock Crawler Soft 8". Its part number PCW-9758. They have the names in the computer screwed up and they think its the Monster Mod, but as long as you give them the part number you should be fine. Just make sure to tell them its the Soft 8" not the monster Mod. I got mine for $190 shippied to my door. They came out to $175 plus a $25 charge for insurance, free shipping, and I had a $10 off coupon, so the total came out to $190. If Im not mistaken I spoke to Ethan. He was very patient as we tried to find the rims in the computer.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Tex did you get your yet? Today right? I'm gonna just go order them at the store.

We want to see pics! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

One more question, Tex. Did the $190.00 include lugnuts and centercaps?

I didnt get them today, Im hoping to get them tomorrow.

LS, I didnt get the center caps, lug nuts, or valve stems, just the rims.

Ill post pics as soon as I get them. Does this mean Ill be the first to have these new crawlers???

Texplorer said:
I didnt get them today, Im hoping to get them tomorrow.

LS, I didnt get the center caps, lug nuts, or valve stems, just the rims.

Ill post pics as soon as I get them. Does this mean Ill be the first to have these new crawlers???
Well if I can come up with tires :rolleyes: I'll have mine on this weekend

Why not use the tires you have now?

Texplorer said:
Why not use the tires you have now?

Naw I'm going to 33's and the wife's truck is gettin my wheels and tires :D

I need two lifted trucks I'm greedy! :cool:

I didnt get them today, if they dont come in tomorrow Im gonna start raising some hell :fire:

Texplorer said:
I didnt get them today, if they dont come in tomorrow Im gonna start raising some hell :fire:

It's 4wheel! what do you exspect! :p

To tell you the truth 4WP has always shipped stuff to me extremely fast, like 3-4 days max. I guess since its a big order Ill give them a few more days. I ordered late thursday so its been 4 days, Ill give them a couple more :monkey:

I GOT THEM TODAY!!!! They actually came in yesturday but the half retarded security guard sent them back because the address number read D40 instead of D4B. Even though he has a list of all the people that live here and their apt numbers. Im gonna try to get them mounted tomorrow if I can find a place that wont rape me, Sears wants $80 to mount and balance the 4 tires.

Well how do they look?

We want to see pictures! :bounce:

Texplorer said:
Sears wants $80 to mount and balance the 4 tires.

Thats not to bad...

Im liking the look of these wheels. I would take pics but Im way to tired and its to late to do anything right now. Ill take pics tomorrow if I get them mounted or not.

I though it was expensive. Considering Wal-Mart charged me $40 to do the same work.

Hey Crager makes them too now!
260397series.jpg

$36.99
260398series.jpg

$57.99

Found them at Jegs

What the BS on yours tex? Cragers only come in a 4" BS

EDIT: Ok' I'm an idiot! :banghead: Some how I missed the part where this was already discused!

I got them mounted toady and I love the way they look. I would take pics but its raining harder than a cow pissing on a flat rock, and I have to get ready to go to work. I will do it first thing tomorrow. I almost bought the Cragar wheels but they only came in 4"BS and they only had 2 at the time. It would have taken them longer to ship and I needed them for next weekend at Carlisle.

Now I need to fix some stuff, the weights on the rim look absolutley horrible, the clash of black rim and 4 or 5 big, silver weights looks so bad. I have to pick up some black paint and hit them with it. Im debating leaving the stock center cap on also, I actually think it doesnt look bad with it on at all.

Yeah You better post pics! :D

I think I'll wait til next weekend to mine up. 4 wheel is holding this show out in ontario. I'll probally get a good price on them there. and I'm gonna pick up some Pro Comp M/T's 33's. Buy 3 get 1 free sale starts Tuesday! ;)

I think I'm gonna go with black rims though.

Well I finally got a chance to take a few pics. Im gonna paint the weights black but Im trying to decide if I should leave the caps or take them off and paint the lugs black also. What do you guys think??
502833_42_full.jpg

502833_43_full.jpg

I'm not too crazy about the factory caps :rolleyes:

What I was thinking was like the ones that come with it but off a Crown Vic that say Ford in the middle. and there black with ford logo. Can't find a pic of them :(

I would also paint the brake caliper.

Back