Which Service manual to buy-Chiltons or Haynes..or? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which Service manual to buy-Chiltons or Haynes..or?

mainiac1

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Exporer Sport
Hey Guys, which service manual is the best to buy to cover my 2001 Explorer Sport 4wd? I bought a Haynes that says it covers Explorer 91-2001 manual, but it has 0 wiring diagrams for 01 vehicles and very little on the 4wd section. Just1me sent me an excellent link for diagrams and diagnostic codes and such, but still want to buy a decent manual without spending $100 on a service manual set. ideas welcome. Thanks :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you look on ebay, you can often times find the full two book service manual set for less than the price of a new Haynes or Chilton. Also, this is kinda skirting morality, but you can also get a one month subscription to the Motorcraft service website, and then print every page off their website, and make your own book.

But, if I had to recommend one, I'd say Haynes. Though the best is to have the factory, Haynes, and Chilton. All three have helpful tips and tricks the others may not.

If you want a good one you need to buy ALLDATA DIT I have the shop verison but if u can get the diy for the same price as the ciltons and its got 1000 times more info and detail plus tsb's check it out.

Thanks, will look on ebay for a shop set. Had one for my s10 that was great. Didn't really need to much of the info out of them, but I had it. That alldata di I might do... Thanks, Jamie

i just bought that same one for less than 5 bucks on ebay.. had the same picture on the cover to but a diff seller... im waiting for him to email me the file!!

I use Chiltons.

I bought the $5 download on Ebay

Looks pretty good and I burned a copy to cd for backup. Thanks for the suggestion

Back