Which sounds better, Stealth Subs, or Subs in a Prefab Box? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which sounds better, Stealth Subs, or Subs in a Prefab Box?

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
Well, just a simple question. We all know of the stealth boxes, and we know of the boxes you can buy at any audio store, like most of us has. Heres my question? Stealth advantages aside, which will sound better with the same subs and amp, just different mounting?

Like on my setup, i have two 12" subs and 700 watt rms amp. My setup is the buy-it-from-a-store box that takes up most of the cargo room.

lets say someone built two stealth boxes, and hid both behind the quater panels with my exact same equpiment, which would sound better, or would they sound both the same?

im going to say my current setup will sound better, because the sound will reverberate off the hatch and to the front. wouldnt the stealth setup, point towards one another, cancel each other out, and not sound as loud, or clear?

just wondering, thanks!

NICE59FORDF100 said:
im going to say my current setup will sound better, because the sound will reverberate off the hatch and to the front. wouldnt the stealth setup, point towards one another, cancel each other out, and not sound as loud, or clear?

just wondering, thanks!

i would agree with that, also the stealth boxes wont have anywhere near as much air space as the dual chambered box you bought will have.... i would say just stick with hat you got and what sounds the best.....

I second that.

Here in mexico is very hard to find a stealth box, the only thing i did was upholster the bandpass box i use with a color which seems equal to the car upholster. Im not very good doing these things, but i did the best i can. Here is a Pic....

bandpass.jpg

Is not really stealth, but with the tinted windows it helps a little...

As for your statement, i would say.....i third that....

Back