• Register Today It's free!

which trailer hitch?

jeffseal

Reaction score
City, State
Alpharetta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
need to get a trailer hitch for my explorer. i want a low profile hitch that i can tow a 21foot boat with. which is the best one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hidden Hitch Class 3 with weight transfer tongue.

Its the only one that sorta hides behind your front bumber when not in use...also its tubular steel which looks less industrial then the others.

I have the square tube hidden hitch class3 and wouldn't but it again. It uses factory holes so there's no drilling but it has two vertical bolts and two horizontal bolts. The next one I buy will only have horizontal bolts. The vertical bolts are near the end of the frame rails and don't have much to grab onto.

Originally posted by 2000EB4x4inGA
Hidden Hitch Class 3 with weight transfer tongue.

Its the only one that sorta hides behind your front bumber when not in use...also its tubular steel which looks less industrial then the others.

I'll second that and add that you should look into either add-a-leafs or adjustable "helper" leafs.

Hidden Hitch

I have a class 3 hidden hitch and it is hidden pretty well behind the bumper. I had it on my 94 X, and now it's on my 97. It's worked out great.

class III hidden hitch rocks!

Back