Which Vent Shades Should I Get?

Maverick73

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeland, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer XLT
Hey all,

I've decided to get a bug shield and a set of vent shades for my 99 XLT. I found a NOS Ford bug shield online for $60. I looked at different brands of vent shades online. I have narrowed the vent shades to 2 brands AVS (Auto Vent Shade Company) and EGR. Questions is which one should I buy? best price I was able to find on them is $60 for the set of 4, I'm going with the in-channel ones. They are smoke colored do you think they will match the Ford bug shield well? from what I found out about the 2 brands AVS has tape on all 4 even though they go inside the track. EGR is said to only have tape only on the rear ones not the front. Let me know the best ones to get. Thanks

I've always used auto ventshade co. and never had a complaint.

I've got the VentShade on my F-150. They're attached with 2 sided tape to the door. It's a one shot deal. If you get it crooked, you could be stuck with it.
I have Weathertech on my '01 EB Explorer and they are decent. They fit into the track where the window seats at the top. Been there for 7.5 years without any trouble except for the passenger window will occasionally squeak for a minute or two when it is rolled up. This bugged the crap out of me when I first installed them, but I learned to back the window down just a smidge, so it was still closed but not topped out. after a mile or so I tap the up button and top it out again...no problems.

Back