Which Wax | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which Wax

I am waxing my car this weekend... It has NEVER been waxed to my knoowledge... I would like you guys to suggest me some products that I can get at a local store around the area that isn't too terribly expensive.

I have a few scratches here and there but not too many. Clear coat is not too great. My truck is white and pewter. Thanks in advance...

By the way, yes I used the search function and I still wanted to do this topic. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once you feel the difference in a non-clayed surface to a clayed surface, it's all going to be so clear... :D

Try this: NOISY

HERE is a good claybar vid.

Keep in mind that the clay included with the kit purchased is the "mild" clay. If the surface is thrashed, there are more aggressive clays... :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Meguiar's Car soap.
Paste or liquid wax (I stay away from wax with cleaners in it.)
Power Buffer makes it nice. Orbital type
Wheel cleaner and polish
Vinyl Protectant for dash, counsole, etc.
Tire dressing.
It all depends how much you want to do? I do mine inside the garage out of the sunlight. Turn on some tunes and spend some quality time with my vehicles.

He could of used a few pointers from Joe...

Was that a shift flare at 11:02?

I would of like to see some of their process?

Wannabe.jpg

About the only similarity between his technique and mine is he uses the same camera I do... :D

"I wiped down the dash..."

Dude, I took the dash apart. :)

For what he has to do, that's not bad, but the wax left a bit to be desired, it was really splotchy when he ran from the back of the car to the front. But for used cars, not really that bad. I could never be a detailer at a lot, I'd spend way over my alloted time. lol!

That's for sure. I'd go broke.

That guy couldn't hold his jock strap to Mr. Dirt!!

Back