Which Wax | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which Wax

I am waxing my car this weekend... It has NEVER been waxed to my knoowledge... I would like you guys to suggest me some products that I can get at a local store around the area that isn't too terribly expensive.

I have a few scratches here and there but not too many. Clear coat is not too great. My truck is white and pewter. Thanks in advance...

By the way, yes I used the search function and I still wanted to do this topic. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Then you have to throw your tooth brush away...LOL

It could have been worse mate, at least you were allowed to throw your toothbrush away!!!:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That gives me another idea for waxing. I mean, you can wax enamel paint ...right?

If meg's wax tastes as good as Mr Zog's sexwax (surfboard wax, don't try it on your hootus!) smell's, then you most definitley are onto something.

Then you have to throw your tooth brush away...LOL

Come on now. We both know there was a separate tooth brush for the toilet!

What? The new bloke in the unit's toothbrush?

:chug:

Come on now. We both know there was a separate tooth brush for the toilet!

You must of had different D.I.'s. "Listen up maggots, fallout and get your toothbrushes. It's time to fieldday the head." You've got 5 minutes. Sir Aye
Aye Sir. LOL :p:

Here is a heck of a wetsand and detail on a Shelby GT500...

CLICK

Here is a heck of a wetsand and detail on a Shelby GT500...

CLICK

Yowza--a $3,500 correction.

I had to stop reading the article, however. I haven't kept up with these new MF pads (old school foam and liquid polish for me). Learning about the latest and greatest only will lead me to a mass sell off and purchasing experience, something I don't really want to do. Again. (Some folks got great deals on lots of Zaino back in the day.)

Zaino?

Yowza--a $3,500 correction.

I had to stop reading the article, however. I haven't kept up with these new MF pads (old school foam and liquid polish for me). (Some folks got great deals on lots of Zaino back in the day.)

Flounder: Is zaino only available on line? I saw a picture of a car once. That was impressive. I like the foam pad too.

Learning about the latest and greatest only will lead me to a mass sell off and purchasing experience, something I don't really want to do. Again.

I hear ya... Been there, done that.

HERE is a less invasive page. :D

Flounder: Is zaino only available on line? I saw a picture of a car once. That was impressive. I like the foam pad too.

As far as I know, only online. Zaino's look isn't the result of its formula, but instead the pre-sealant preparation which is--you guessed it--a solid polishing with cutting and finishing polishes. Zaino's claim to fame, at least with me, was its longevity. And then one day I found Jeff's Werkstatt, then Werkstatt, and now Werkstat (different name, same great product). I liken them to young Zaino: durable as heck, affordable, simple to apply, and simple product line. After I bought in, I sold all my Zaino and never looked back.

Thanks for the information, sounds like good advice. I'm going to stick with what works for me.

I just applied a couple of coats of Meguiars NXT 2.0 to the Explorer. I'm really happy with the results. Works great on guitars too :)

Attachments

• wax 1.jpg
    wax 1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 168
  • wax 2.jpg
    wax 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 240

Damn! Sparkly stratocaster!!!

The Explorer sparkles just as much as the guitar but i was off a little on the angle. I'm really impressed with the quality of the paint job. I took one shot and then the clouds stole the sun. :)

i love every single maguires product out, wouldnt use anything else but them.

Looks Good, You can see the reflections of the mirror that it's shiny. I agree love that Meguiar's.

The NXT 2.0 left a nice wet look, and a very slick finish.

Back