which wax? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

which wax?

I have 2 types of wax I can use. I used to own an 06 silver sonata and all I used was meguairs gold class on it. Now that I have my new (97 xlt) I want to use another one, possibly.

I have Meguairs Gold Class liquid wax or KIT Carnuaba wax. I have never actually used the KIT before, I only took the pad out of it to use the gold class.

Im no expert on waxing as I only have actually waxed my old car a few times. Im just looking for the best shine with good protection. Any thoughts on this would be helpful!

<

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
If those are your choices, use the Meguiars. The KIT product is a cheaper Carnauba wax, and will need to be reapplied a lot more often, and the polymers in the Megs products are far superior. I would do some investigation on some other Megs products depending on the finish you're starting with, and GC may not even be the best choice for a final wax for your application...

<

98liftedxlt

Reaction score
City, State
Valdese, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EXPLORER XLT 4WD
Don't go cheap on the wax. Meguiar's makes great products imo. I use meguiars gold class once a year, and for all the times in between the yearly coats of meguiars I use turtle wax ice synthetic liquid wax(I love that shit). Cant go wrong with meguiars though imo. :D

<

N83

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie
If you want the protection and shine of Meguiars without the hassle of a carnube, try their M21 sealent. Goes on VERY easy and bead/sheets/protects for 4+ months.

<