• Register Today It's free!

Which would u choose ?

Wakefinder

Reaction score
City, State
NewHampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Im kinda a Newbie when it comes to Car audio equipment. i just got these speakers for my car i got 4 speakers
T1682_1_m.jpg

Rockford Fosgate speakers

I drive a 97 Ford Explorer and im looking into buying a Sub for my Explorer. im trying to pick out of these 2 subs and then i need to find a amp that will be able to handle the sub that i get.

T1D412_3_m.jpg

First choice

Here is my 2nd choice

P3Dx12_1_m.jpg

Only reason i think i want this over the other 1 because later on i feel like i might want to add and put 1 more sub in.

These are the Subs that i have been looking into and i need to know what type of Amp i would need to get for it and im kinda looking on the cheap side for the amp something that will be good but not rockford because there amps are way out of my price range ...

also need to find as place that makes good boxes for the sub.

why spend 3-400 on a sub than get a cheap amp? wait till you have the money for a good amp

Yeah till i have the money for a good amp. i just cant be spending another 300-400 on the amp i think my cut off is about 250 is my top i can put toward it.

hifonics make reasonably priced amps/ just dont get boss, lanzar, power acoustik, or sound storm. those amps IMO are junk. i wouldnt bother getting the t1 unless u can find a damn good deal online. but id recommend a sundown sa-12 its rated at 600 rms but ive seen guys put 1k rms on them and theyre only $200. they sounds good and get loud. or a newer type r 12, and those go for around $130 online they take 600rms as well.

Back