White `92 X w/ CobraR's - 17's or 18's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

White `92 X w/ CobraR's - 17's or 18's?

I have a 1992 White X that will have a 5"/6" drop.

I can't decide on if I want to go with 17 or 18 rims. Either way they will be Painted/Powdercoated White. I like the monochrome look.

I am leaning towards the 18" rims shown here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7944224218&category=43958&sspagename=WDVW

Any reason I shouldn't get them?

I realize the ride will be a bit more harsh with the 18's over the 17's, but the REALITY is this: X's aren't Caddilac's, and shouldn't be expected to ride like one, ESPECIALLY an X with a 5"/6" drop.

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody has an opinion on this?

Ryan

LOL

There's 1 vote.

If this were a democracy........I'd demand a recount. Then a hand recount. Then question if they all were counted......wait, that's just what we do HERE in Washington.

Ryan

Hi Spdrcer34:

I'd get the 18's. You're in luck, because these days, the white 18's seem to be going for just a little over $200 a set plus shipping on Ebay. I'm looking to get some 18" '03 Cobras for my Ex, but they aren't selling that cheap yet. I bid on one set, but they went for $360. D'oh!

Regards,
John.

I don't think I would get white,
Unless you get a fresh paint job.
I think the 2 whites won't look good together since your wheels will be nice and shiny brand new, and your paint is probably a little dull from being so old.

I have to install a rollpan, shave the hatch (incl. 3rd brake light), and shave the doors.

Yeah, I am getting it painted. Don't worry.

Ryan

I think I'll go with 18's!

Now I just discovered some OTHER awesome rims....18" Saleen rims! They look kinda similar to the Cobra R's but the rim area looks a bit different they way it is 'stepped' back a bit....looks good on the the 2nd Gen.....but I don't know how it will look on a 1st gen.

Ryan

man i looked in to rims like that... looked at SVT, Saleen, and Roush... i thought the Saleens looked the best. too bad they dont come in 20's(well "i" didnt find any in 20's) or i might of gotten them instead of the 22's i had ordered

Back