WhiteXplurr gets a makeover | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WhiteXplurr gets a makeover

WhiteXplurr gets a makeover (UPDATED)

Ok once again I got bored with the old white X and decided to paint it an obnoxious color... and new update is im painting it black and losing the blue.

here are the pictures of it.

New mods from the 3 thousand other ones...

Newer fogs behind grill,
22" Spinners
4 15" audiobahn flame Q's
2 1300 watt Audiobahn 1300 HCT amplifiers
500 watt audiobahn amp
4 Kicker door speakers
4 Infinity door speakers
Diamond Cut Headlights
Pioneer Touch Screen In-Dash
More worthless mods I don't feel like listing.

NEWEST ADDITIONS:
10000k HID kit
Matching LED turn and running lights
Diamond Corners
NEW diamond cut headlights
Crystal Clear Tails w/ red LED's as brake light (so brakes arent PINK)
New Chrome Billet Grill
And new chrome trim (Also called a grill...the part that goes around your lights)
more.

BTW, I need info on a new motor.. how much would a new 302 cost? and how much would a new 4.0 ohv cost? Including being installed?

Attachments

• jFRONTSIDE.JPG
    jFRONTSIDE.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Gangster Lights.JPG
    Gangster Lights.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,196
  • grillcreepg.JPG
    grillcreepg.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,184

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd probably tell you it looked gay if I was your friend. But what do I know...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well I didn't paint it to suit your needs, I painted it because I like the color. It's exotic and unique. Gay to you, Nice to me. We are all entitled to our opinions

Yup, that's why this world is so great. Your truck, do with it what you want.

I have to say, though, I would highly support the decision to paint it black. ;)

stay w/blue man..theres tons of black trucks. but that blue stands out weither people like it or not. it will catch there eye...just my opinion......i could be wrong..lol

I like it. It's different.

My Gen II explorer is a factory metallic lite blue with blue leather and I think it looks really sharp.

Yeah, I know of the color you speak. It does look good.. ESPECIALLY the interior. If i could find a complete blue leather interior I'd put it in my truck

my 96 has it, in fantastic shape except for the blown airbags......

I cannot wait to get this truck back on teh road, been working on it like a maniac

You think I should paint the interior the same color as the truck? If i keep it blue, Im powder coating the rims to match the paint, while the spinner part of the wheel is left chrome (Mind you, this is NOT a spin kit, but the real spinners)

I figure when I get it re-painted I may as well paint the panels while they are all off.

I would leave it alone but the clear coat job just sucks... was never wet sanded.. you truly have to see it in person to understand. Doesn't reflect as much as the picture shows... I'm very picky and I will get it done the right way this time. Anyway, What do you guys think... the EXACT same color... or maybe a shade or two lighter (just enough to raise the masculinity of the color)

Plus, my bumpers are just painted, no flex agent or whatever or plastic additives... just painted... Won't last this winter I know that for a fact.

yeah i would paint it the EXACT same color. then do the black plastic inside blue also. they would look hot.

leave the interior alone IMO

also painting and dying all those parts is a PITA and will likely never be happy with the results. I have interior peices in my 88 from 1984-2000 model year ford's, all the different shades of "mocha" are close but it took a long time to get here and several different shades of paint on the dash, armrests, trim, etc to try and match.
I had painted my entire stock interior and it was a BIG project, didn't hold up well, and didn't come out right. Ine day at the junk yard I found a 89 BII EB with a complete mocha interior, bought the whole thing and ditched the crappy painted panels...

I meant paint it a shade DARKER and add some metal flake.. not lighter..

Anyway... Well alright.. Same color it is then, (I could be happy with several colors, so for once you're opinions actually matter to me)

What about painting just a couple interior parts... Like the one part on the door that is always discolored no matter what you do, (and I know you know which piece I am speaking of) Right next to the switches for window/locks/etc.

I think that may not look bad.

You guys think blue on gray looks ok? I thought it may clash a bit.

Opinions wanted folks!

i like the color of your truck. u are a street explorer and probably want to be noticed and different from the rest.

i think painting the door would look good. but liek someone said dont get carried away. it could just become too much of one color.

I appreciate the comments guys. You convinced me not to go black I think! :thumbsup:

Black fawkin' rawks.

Black is cool, but it's true painting a "show" car black is just like shootin urself in the foot.

Also, think of how many black street explorers there are on rims..

Thanks folks

UPDATE!:::::::

New Pics, New Mods!

Attachments

• Front End Shine.JPG
    Front End Shine.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Clear Tails.JPG
    Clear Tails.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Ass End TailGlare.JPG
    Ass End TailGlare.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 298