Who else got one from Ford?

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I got the mail yesterday and a no boundaries package was waiting for me. I opened it and there was a piece of sandstone that said "collect life" and below that it said "explorer 02" I was hoping for a little something more but oh well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im gonna throw a brick throgh the Ford dealerships window that says "collect insurance" and below that it will say "POS 99".

Ford sent me a nice pair of foldable Captains Chairs in my no boundaries package. Oh, and a tacky key chain too.:p

My rents bought a leased a 2000 xls. And we got those chairs too. They gave me that tacky keychain. I thought it was cool. All my off-road, ford budiies wanted one.

:p Maybe the chairs were a reward for letting Ford unload another XLS, since it's the least popular version ;)

I got the Explorer chairs with my 99 Sport also. They also sent a big tin of Peanut Brittle and the keychain. My dad ate all the peanut brittle though. That's what you get for using your parents address for stuff!

Originally posted by jasonb
I got the Explorer chairs with my 99 Sport also.!

yup, got the chairs too. wow, they match my interior. i guess they figured that they would come in handy on the side if the road when your car breaks down, or runs out of gas in the middle of nowhere. they did for me anyway. actually, come to stink of it, my dealer doesnt really have a place to sit in the service dept. hmm.

Ok, i lease a 2001 XLT v8 and i get nothing... thats it... im calling them up and im gona give them somthing....

Mike

I got a nice little bag with the no boundries logo on it. Works great as a cary on for travling. :)

Thanks ford......spend over 25,000 on an explorer and mods....get a free bag!!!! I'll take that trade.

Yep,I got chairs with my 98..makes sure I always have a place to sit while it spends half its life at the dealer

Originally posted by Magicfan25
Yep,I got chairs with my 98..makes sure I always have a place to sit while it spends half its life at the dealer

hey magic! wanna head over there with me and we'll toss some bricks? anyway, i love your sig since i did the same exact thing. wanted leather so i was going to get the black but i didnt fit with the sunroof (im 6'5" and need all the room i can get) but i really wanted the orange so i got it without the sunroof. now what if i had actually finished the paper work on the black car? hmmm. anyway, let me know when you want to camp out in front of Fo.Mo.Co and harrass them till we get what we want?

he Stephen. i will do whatever it takes at this point. i am rip roaring mad after this week. starting problems are back, car likes to stall under load now and the tranny is getting moody. im just venting since you seem to be the only one here that cares about or understands my situation. weather its donuts, dinner, women, beer (hmm, i wont be 21 till june) whatever it takes. oh yeah, ill bring the bricks. let's get'um guys!! see how they like it.

Hunk of....

I'll get the donuts, theres a Krispy Kreme near by, I'll make sure the "Hot and Fresh" sign is on. My problems arent as severe as yours, and I hate seeing it that bad. Mine runs strong (stronger than most?). Problem being the rest of its coming apart, various squeaks and rattles (that have recently come to surface). My latest step is to buy a 36 shot roll of film, and start taking pictures of other Explorers. They claim body flex is why my doors continue to rub through the paint ( I do not go on severe offroad trails, basically just dirt roads and I rarely even do that), I scream BS. Either they don't want a callback on something like that, or they really dont know. Either way, I don't care, I'm gonna take the pics to the dealer and see what they say, after that I call Ford. If they do buy it back (or I'm told I can sell it), I'll take cash instead of the new fourwheeler I was gonna get, and go out in search of my 01 LIGHTNING. If not a LIGHTNING than a new GT.

Re: Hunk of....

Originally posted by Magicfan25
Problem being the rest of its coming apart, various squeaks and rattles (that have recently come to surface). My latest step is to buy a 36 shot roll of film, and start taking pictures of other Explorers. They claim body flex is why my doors continue to rub through the paint ( I do not go on severe offroad trails, basically just dirt roads and I rarely even do that), I scream BS. Either they don't want a callback on something like that, or they really dont know.

how bad should it flex. when i come out of my drive which has a little bit of slope the car creaks worse than my sisters mustang gt convertable ( not to mention i have the brake pedal on the floor trying to keep from rolling out into traffic) i have noticed that my doors really dont line up anymore. they seem to be sagging. could that be from body flex? also keep in mind that the only off roading that i have done is a few sand trails, nothing that would stress the frame or body.

I have no idea how much the body should flex, but not enough to make the doors rub the frames. My doors don't sag and are lined up, yours need adjusting it sounds like. I cant hear mine creak backing out, and I too have a sloped drive at the bottom. I just dont want a rusted out car within a few years. I do, hoever, hear a pronounced clunk in the left front suspension when backing out, and turning, and hitting most bumps...they claim its"normal suspension noise" yet this just appeared less then 2 months ago..:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hang in there guys, keep on Ford and eventually they will take care of your problems. They are all very atypical. My truck has 90,000 miles on it and I have never had any of those problems. It runs very smooth and quiet on the highway for what it is, and I only get some light flex creaking in extreme situations. Geesh, yours are two doors. If there isnt any flex in my 4 door there sure as hell shouldnt be in your two doors. Its an American vehicle and has a rattle or two, but none are severe and they only come out when the road is really rough. No metaling out in the door frames.

Hang in there guys and I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Back