Who else got one from Ford? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who else got one from Ford?

hey stephen, got a few questions for yah. everytime im at the dealer i give the service writer a very long list of still remaining problems and another longer list of new ones. this morning after printing out the work order, i requested a copy. why not? i always do and for some reason i was denied a copy of the print out. the guy refused and got nasty. now, was i wrong to as for a copy for my records to show that they didnt do the work requested (i know they are going to ignore the clanking rear end)? was it right for him to refuse me the copy? another question, do you remember anything about a cruise control recall. a few times the car took off at full throttle while in cruise. i remember someone mentioning a recall but of course i was refused that at the dealer as well. there's more but i dont want to lay them on at once =). some food for thought, thanx Stephen.

I think I'd be running that one up to the general manager of the dealership. It's YOUR vehicle, and you have the right to know what they are doing with it. The best way to deal with the manufacturer's is be a royal pain in their ass. Nag them to death until you get what you want, and if that doesn't work, go up the ladder until you do get what you want. BTW, all the stuff you mentioned is not normal. My 2001 XLS has had only one minor problem (latch on jack door wouldn't stay shut) and they replaced the part pronto.

A thought. Why not start taking your truck to a different dealer if yours is giving you a lot of grief?? All the dealers have to perform the warranty work, no matter where you bought it.

STOP USING CRUISE CONTROL

yes, there is a cruise control recall, that causes the throttle to stick. I dont remember if it caused acceleration or not. i vote for changing dealerships. It came out a while back though, like a year ago or so.

James, Thats horrible! You are always entitled to a printout of the work that they perform. Definately call up the general manager and complain. As for the cruise recall, as others have said yes it exists and you should have it done ASAP.

Please continue with the other stuff, I can take it! ;)

Back