Who has pictures of Husky X-Act Contour liners in their vehicle? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who has pictures of Husky X-Act Contour liners in their vehicle?

can0n4

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 XLT
I've done a ton of research on here, probably have read 40 pages of threads worth of comparisons. Everyone seems to love the floor liner THEY got, but only a few have posted photos of material quality, fitment, etc...

With Husky having come out with new liners recently, does anyone have photographs of the X-Act Contours? It seems the Huskys have much better coverage, where the weathertechs have the best fit. Wondering how the new ones match up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The countours are not new. I've had them in my Super Duty for 3 years and have the others in my Explorer. Here is what the countours look like. Much softer, easy to fold our turn it into a bowl to remove and clean.

They still look Brand new once cleaned after 3 years of camping and plowing.

20140530_161850_zpsmbxuphbc.jpg

I JUST ordered liners for my 2013 XLT from Husky but did not see a set of the X-act Contour liners available. :dunno:

I ordered the Weatherbeater model for front and second row plus the cargo area with 3rd row down. I am pretty happy with the Weatherbeaters but I would have seriously considered X-acts if I had found them.

Alas, my computer fu failed me. Too late, I already put mine in.

What happened is that I ordered through Amazon dot com. Their pulldowns did not show that the X-act Contour was available for my 2013 XLT so I settled for the Weatherbeaters. I just processed a no-hassle refund. I printed out the return label and will ship it back to them and buy the X-act Contours from Husky directly.

While I like the high edging and liquid containment capabilities of the Weatherbeaters, I like more refined look of the Contours.

OK, so even the Husky website does NOT show X-act Contour liners for the 2013 Ford Explorer except for the third row. I tried to somehow pull up the first and second rows but it was the same as on Amazon, they do not show so I was unable to order. I posted a question with their customer support to see if it is a website glitch or if they actually offer them.

OK, so even the Husky website does NOT show X-act Contour liners for the 2013 Ford Explorer except for the third row. I tried to somehow pull up the first and second rows but it was the same as on Amazon, they do not show so I was unable to order. I posted a question with their customer support to see if it is a website glitch or if they actually offer them.

2013 and 2014's are the same, at least the front didn't check others.

I went on the Husky site, attempted to order going from 2011 to 2014 on the pulldown, no luck. They all only show the third row mats. Tried to call, closed on weekends. I may end up keeping my Husky Weatherbeaters after all if the X-act Contours aren't made for the Ex.

I ended up sending the Weatherbeaters back. My wife and daughter thought they looked too industrial for a family vehicle.

I emailed Husky about X-act Contour mats for my 2013. Here's the response.

"Gary,

I’m very sorry but we will not be doing a front and 2nd row X-Act contour liners for this vehicle.

Candi Musgrove

Husky Liners Inc

Customer Service

22425 D Street

Winfield, KS 67156

Phone: 800-344-8759 ext 111

Fax: 620-221-7423

I emailed Husky about X-act Contour mats for my 2013. Here's the response.

"Gary,

I’m very sorry but we will not be doing a front and 2nd row X-Act contour liners for this vehicle.

Candi Musgrove

Husky Liners Inc

Customer Service

22425 D Street

Winfield, KS 67156

Phone: 800-344-8759 ext 111

Fax: 620-221-7423

Did you look at the Ares?

Did you look at the Ares?
I did. Googling mats / liners for the Ex came up with makers I never even heard of.

The Aries look nicely molded. Interesting that it is a laminate construction vs. single layer.

Still researching before I pull the trigger.

I did. Googling mats / liners for the Ex came up with makers I never even heard of.

The Aries look nicely molded. Interesting that it is a laminate construction vs. single layer.

Still researching before I pull the trigger.

I'd never heard of them either, but I'm glad I found them. They really stay in place, they cover well, and they're easy to clean. I wouldn't object to them covering that strip between the door sill and where they stop now, but it's not that big of a problem.

I'd never heard of them either, but I'm glad I found them. They really stay in place, they cover well, and they're easy to clean. I wouldn't object to them covering that strip between the door sill and where they stop now, but it's not that big of a problem.

Thanks for sharing that, I too looked at the Aries. I'm not sure if Eltee deals with the same weather as I do in NY with slush and snow. My wife's 2016 Edge has Weathertechs without the door sill covered and its already a mess. I'm trying to avoid that with my explorer, but it looks like Husky are the only ones who cover it at the expense of a cheaper feeling liner.

Can I ask how much carpet is exposed on the explorer sill? My truck is still being built. My wife's Edge nearly all of the sill is carpet minus a little strip of metal.

Thanks for sharing that, I too looked at the Aries. I'm not sure if Eltee deals with the same weather as I do in NY with slush and snow. My wife's 2016 Edge has Weathertechs without the door sill covered and its already a mess. I'm trying to avoid that with my explorer, but it looks like Husky are the only ones who cover it at the expense of a cheaper feeling liner.

Can I ask how much carpet is exposed on the explorer sill? My truck is still being built. My wife's Edge nearly all of the sill is carpet minus a little strip of metal.

I'd guess about an inch on the top, and maybe another on the side, with the Ares mats. I have to deal with mud, sand, and dog hair. To my great surprise, this carpet actually released all of it when I vacuumed it. Still, I bought some marine vinyl, and I'm going to try covering that space, tucking it under the plastic of the sill, and then using velcro or something to hold it under the mat, and the seat. I think that will be easier to clean up.

I haven't done that yet because I've adjusted by paying attention when I get in and out, and keeping my feet off the carpet. Plus, my black carpet doesn't show much.

Still, I bought some marine vinyl, and I'm going to try covering that space, tucking it under the plastic of the sill, and then using velcro or something to hold it under the mat, and the seat. I think that will be easier to clean up.

This is a great idea. Maybe a long enough piece would stay under the sill and the liner without velcro.

In live in a no snow climate and only occasionally go into snow bound areas.

The dealer had a refund for me due to an overcharge so I applied it to Ford OEM rubber mats.

Back