Who has the lightest Explorer Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who has the lightest Explorer Sport?

CobraJohn

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Power to weight ratio is very important.

What types of diets have you put your Sport on?

I ordered mine without the dual moonroof.....probably lost the weight savings with my hitch.

So what combination of options would yield the lightest weight?

Does the exact weight appear in the door jam or window sticker?

What does the spare tire and jack weigh?

I am selling my Sport wheels and going with a different wheel. Has anyone weighed a stock wheel?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Power to weight ratio is very important.

What types of diets have you put your Sport on?

I ordered mine without the dual moonroof.....probably lost the weight savings with my hitch.

So what combination of options would yield the lightest weight?

Does the exact weight appear in the door jam or window sticker?

What does the spare tire and jack weigh?

I am selling my Sport wheels and going with a different wheel. Has anyone weighed a stock wheel?

I took out all the seats and use those white plastic ones from Home Depot - saves a ton of weight and I can still carry my mother in law and get good gas mileage. Dropped the tow package too - since I didn't have to take the trailer. The chairs are a little high so use a dremel and cut the legs about 2 inches short and everyone gets a great view. Changes a 7 seater to a 10 seater too. I went with wooden wheels - the weathered version and a few coats of decent plastidip:salute::D:D:D:D:):)

LOL.....that's hilarious. When I was reading the plastic chairs part I thought you were heading to: "and they are easy to remove to double as outside lawn chairs"

LOL.....that's hilarious. When I was reading the plastic chairs part I thought you were heading to: "and they are easy to remove to double as outside lawn chairs"

Nah, i used the original EX seats on the lawn because Armorall and Restore A Shine can restore anything at anytime so that helps the seats last longer.

Did you lose the weight savings transporting your mother in law?

I did.....had to go with Weld Lite Wheels and tubular K-member to get it back

CobraJohn, Don't sell your Sport wheels and if you do let my buy them for spares.

Make me an offer

Back