Who has the most miles on 2nd gen X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who has the most miles on 2nd gen X

Fantasymon

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I did a search and couldnt find that anyone had asked.

Who has the most miles on their 2nd generation X (95-01)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

120k on a 2000. beat that.

Sorry only have about 80K on my 2001.

Cheesebrat said:
167,832 on a 2000 :p

You've almost quadrupled my 2000!

247K on my 96

143k on a 98.
Don

133k on 99 :rolleyes:

This thread would be real helpful to me if you high mileage guys would also post the mileage that you got the timing chain cassettes replaced. I only have 69K on my 98 with the original cassettes. I plan on putting a lot of miles on my SOHC but I'll have to get thru the cassette replacement hurdle first. Of course it's been my misfortune to have a perfectly running SOHC and the 7 year cassette warranty has passed. Just planning ahead for when I have to take it on the chin.

Lee

glad im not winning...104K
got it at 66K

Lee, I just went through my 99 SOHC cam issues. Im' regretting not doing the rear cassette, now that I've heard some more people have had the rear give trouble. I was under the impression that the front was much more likely to fail. I still have my chassis bare, and it would have only taken a couple more hours to do the back cassette. Now that Iv'e buttoned the engine back up, I don't want to go back into it. I'll hope to get another five years out of my rear cam cassette, driving about 12k per year.
Don

CDW6212R said:
Lee, I just went through my 99 SOHC cam issues. Im' regretting not doing the rear cassette, now that I've heard some more people have had the rear give trouble. I was under the impression that the front was much more likely to fail. I still have my chassis bare, and it would have only taken a couple more hours to do the back cassette. Now that Iv'e buttoned the engine back up, I don't want to go back into it. I'll hope to get another five years out of my rear cam cassette, driving about 12k per year.
Don

Do I understand correctly that you did the 01M01 fix at 143K???

I'd be more than happy to get that mileage before needing to replace the cassettes.

Lee

davidmmm69 said:

99000 on a 2002

whoa? how'd u manage to pull that?

clarkkent said:
whoa? how'd u manage to pull that?

it was built i think in june of 2001 so it was one of the first 2002's sold .. and so tha tis almost 4 years...

not that bad reallly.

my 1995 explorer has closer to 160000

my 1998 ford windstar has 116000

i like vehicles with close to 100000 on them lol

Im also glad Im not winning!!!!
I thought i had hi mileage on my 97' bought new at the turn to 98 w/ 176,000
you fellas get out alot aye :thumbsup: :navajo:

:eek: omg did you guys (besides david) buy these with a lot of miles already on them, or can you account for every mile on it? im just glas to see all the high numbers. My 2001 has just over 58k, so it looks like ill have it for a while :cool:

xxScapegoat said:
:eek: omg did you guys (besides david) buy these with a lot of miles already on them, or can you account for every mile on it? im just glas to see all the high numbers. My 2001 has just over 58k, so it looks like ill have it for a while :cool:
my dads company had it as his company car. he put the first 120,000 on it(freeway miles luckily) then the company sold it to me, then the other 47,000ish was me in the past year and a half.
as for the casettes, im not sure, the company just paid for what was needed when it needed it, so the dealer probably did it. ill look up the records.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

124K on my 99 Sport

Back