Who is "awaiting shipment?" | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

Seems to me Ford would be better off getting those waiting a one way flight to Chicago, giving you the key and letting you drive it home....sheesh. :rolleyes:

Probably be cheaper for everyone too. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems to me Ford would be better off getting those waiting a one way flight to Chicago, giving you the key and letting you drive it home....sheesh. :rolleyes:

Probably be cheaper for everyone too. LOL

I'd do it! Heck, I'd even pay my way to Chicago to end this waiting game!!!

I'd do it! Heck, I'd even pay my way to Chicago to end this waiting game!!!

I would too! I am guessing it is a 14 hour drive from VA to IL....that is much shorter than the time I will have to wait to get my new Explorer.

sagexlt,

Please feel free to send me an email with your VIN and I will be happy to review your order status and get back to you. Have a great rest of your day. I look forward to hearing from you.

~Seni

Can you tell me exactly how to do this without all of the abbreviations and text talk? I've been trying to find your email address for an hour. If I use what is shown, does it go directly to you or to a department? Thanks.

On Seni's post, click on FordCustsrvc and it will show a drop down, where you can send her a personal note.

I picked it up yesterday afternoon. It was cleaned and polished and sitting in front of the dealership. Everything went smoothly and as expected. I was briefed on all the electronic stuff, and they didn't attempt to load a bunch of extras on me.

Well let me tell you, I feel like I need an engineering degree. A 45 minute briefing is not really enough. It is going to take me several weeks to just figure out the basics, and months if ever, to get on top of everything else. Understand I am not a car person, and I am trading up from a 2001 Isuzu Trooper; a plain, boxy, but serviceable automobile. Must say I feel overwhelmed.

Can you tell me exactly how to do this without all of the abbreviations and text talk? I've been trying to find your email address for an hour. If I use what is shown, does it go directly to you or to a department? Thanks.

I will send you a message to your private message inbox and you can reply from there. I hope this makes it easier, sometimes forums can be tricky.

~Seni

The colors in question are black and red. Its actually the pigment in these paints that are in short supply, as the plant in Japan was the sole source. When the news broke on this a couple of wees ago, Ford said they had adequate supply for cars that were to be built for consumers in April and that they were looking for alternate suppliers. Haven't heard any more since.

Gandalf,

Thank you for sharing this info. Just to clarify, below I have added some additional information.

The paint colors affected are Tuxedo Black, Red Candy, Royal Red, and Red Fire. Vehicle lines affected include F150, Super Duty, Expedition, Navigator, Taurus, MKS, Explorer, Focus, and Ranger. Final production of these colors is expected in mid-April and alternative replacement colors are under investigation. If you have a vehicle on order with a dealership, please keep in touch with the sales department who can provide more information about the status of your order.

~Seni

Seni - I sent you a PM yesterday, can you please verify that you received it? I am new to this type of forum and unsure if I sent it correctly. :)

Thanks!

Seni - I sent you a PM yesterday, can you please verify that you received it? I am new to this type of forum and unsure if I sent it correctly. :)

Thanks!

Jabby02,

I did see that I received an email from you. I will be replying to order status emails this afternoon! Thanks for your patience as I get those to all of you, as I know there are a few of you with emails in there.

I picked it up yesterday afternoon. It was cleaned and polished and sitting in front of the dealership. Everything went smoothly and as expected. I was briefed on all the electronic stuff, and they didn't attempt to load a bunch of extras on me.

Very excited for you! I am happy to hear you had a pleasant dealer experience as some had not. Enjoy your Explorer and good luck figuring out all the thing·a·ma·jigs!

~Seni

Jabby02,

I did see that I received an email from you. I will be replying to order status emails this afternoon! Thanks for your patience as I get those to all of you, as I know there are a few of you with emails in there.

Thank you Seni! I am sure you are swamped with requests; I was just unsure if I had "PM'd" you correctly. :) I await your request.

Gandalf,

Thank you for sharing this info. Just to clarify, below I have added some additional information.

The paint colors affected are Tuxedo Black, Red Candy, Royal Red, and Red Fire. Vehicle lines affected include F150, Super Duty, Expedition, Navigator, Taurus, MKS, Explorer, Focus, and Ranger. Final production of these colors is expected in mid-April and alternative replacement colors are under investigation. If you have a vehicle on order with a dealership, please keep in touch with the sales department who can provide more information about the status of your order.

~Seni
Thanks for the update Seni! It seems like there is no new news concerning this issue right now. Since I haven't received my build date yet for my Red Candy Ex, it appears that I will fall into the post-mid-April time frame for my build. Sure hope its not delayed too much...

We are also waiting. We ordered our XLT on 3/7, it was completed on 3/23 and has been sitting in Chicago since 3/27. Our dealer told us that Ford told them that they were shipping 8000 on 4/1...guess ours wasn't one of them. :(

So this weekend I found this forum and learned how to view my window sticker...and good thing I did because the interior is completely wrong!!! We had asked for Stone and the interior on my car is Black! After sending a frustrated e-mail to our sales guy and his manager they are going to let us have another one that someone had ordered and backed out on that has the same interior/exterior that we had requested. The only difference is the one we ordered didn't have a NAV in it and the other one does, so they are going to knock the NAV price off and give us the other one. So the new one we are getting has apparently been sitting in Chicago for 2 weeks longer than ours has. :( The longer we have to wait the more miles I am putting on my trade in and the less I will get for it. So frustrating.

We went out this weekend after the interior fiasco and started looking at our other options (Jeep Cherokee, Durango, etc...) just in case....

Glad I could deliver some good news to you today via PM! Let me know if I can answer any further questions for you. This goes for any and everyone, please be sure to email me if you need further tracking information.

~Seni

My salesperson just called. It's here. It's here. She is going to the lot right now to confirm that it really is physically here.

My salesperson just called. It's here. It's here. She is going to the lot right now to confirm that it really is physically here.

I am waiting for that same call. Seni gave me an ETA last week of 4/30. My dealer said that he expects it at the train yard tomorrow or Wednesday, that being the case he is going to go and pick it up,he said he does it whenever he needs to, every once in a while. Enjoy your Ex Explorer family ,you have waited a looooong time for this day,you deserve it. All the best.

So my vehicle that I ordered and then canceled finally got delivered on Friday the 22nd. Took 10 weeks, 5 days from day of order.

Soooo...did you pick it up? Do you love it? Tell us all about it!

~Seni

Not yet. Caught off guard that it came in and unable to adjust schedule to make time. Hopefully tomorrow night.

Back