Who is interested in joining an East Coast Xplorers club? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is interested in joining an East Coast Xplorers club?

Would you join?

• Yes... Bring it on

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • No...Sorry

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Maybe.... tell me more

Votes: 27 20.1%

• Total voters

ChuckyD

Moderator Emeritus Elite Explorer ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4Runner SR5
Who is interested in joining an East coast xporers club?

Since we have have determined that there are no types of clubs for explorers over here, myself and 3 other board members decided to start one. We just want to see who would join...And of course all are welcome!!!
Just submit a Reply so we know who we are dealing with.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be heading up the New York Chapter so if anyone is interested please contact me: cowboyz1659@hotmail.com

(700th post!!)

Who voted maybe?... if you are going to vote maybe post so we can see who it is and tell you more..

Well

Since we really don't know about how PENNEX(Pennsylvania explorers clucb) is coming along ....maybe it would be better to have just the whole east coast to boost membership.... I really would love to wheel some of the other places as well as our sites here too.. let us know...

Karol

explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

I'm game. The more the merrier.

BTW, PennEx ain't dead yet! :p . I'm gonna give it another try either late in July or early in August. If it doesn't work then, then someone else can have a whack at it.

I think this could be promising, so far it looks like there are a few people in each area that are willing to give a crack at it.... great!!!

Just keep on posting so we all know who is and isnt still interested.

I'm definitely in!

I was wondering when you would get this going. I'm all for it.

we are trying!!

I really want to get this going everyone... im really looking foward to an oportunity to speak to other explorer owners in person who share the same interests...

LETS GET SOME MORE RESPONCES

I'm all for it! What would we be doing as "club members" hangin out and having a few beers? I'm always all for that! LOL

What exactly is involved in heading up a chapter? Does it require a lot of freetime?

BTW, all of those decals look sweet!

nice logos, someones talented ;) I'm still alittle concerned, as I have been throughout the cool explorer4x4 tags and window stickers and T-shirts, that I am by badging a mountianeer.. thats still a concern, ya think it would look silly for a mountaineer to be part of an explorer club?

im sur it would be allowed... a mountaineer like a navajo are just rebadged explorers...

I think the main thing about being apart of a club is to have someone to talk to and depending on big the club is u would be able to get discounts from your local stores for a large group order. Basically to be a head of a chapter is to be a point man if your members decide to get together to hang out one day or if the group decides to go to a local car show... You just have to be the open person to talk to anyone who may be interested in the club. Being apart of the club doesnt meen you have to be tied to someones ass all the time...lol Just representing an organization.

I see... I wouldn't be able to gaurantee I'd be able to do stuff like that. I can't just up and say I'm taking a couple of days off to go to a meet or something. I'm not saying I won't try to take on the job if no one else near here will though.

A club also needs rules... Something everyone who wants to join needs to be willing to do. I think being a member of this site should be mandatory along with a certain place on the Explorer the decal should go. All the little clubs around here do stuff like that. That's what sets them apart from everyone else.

Yob, makes absolute sence, as far as the rules go im trying to get in touch of a friend of mine and get ahold of his rules for the club he belongs too... we can adjust the rules from there... as far as a certain place for the stickers, across the front would be kool. I will keep everyone updated on the rules.

As much as i'd hate to bring this up, but i was thinking if we have to make signs stickers and logos we would have to charge something, costs money to make that stuff... I will get together with Cain and try to come up with something.

Chucky, I'm game for helping out too. I've been working on starting a PA Explorer's club, but it's been tough to get everyone together to work on a club format, rules, etc.

Cost shouldn't be a factor right now. We won't be needing any decals until we get everything going. I'm thinking when the time comes, the second decal will be the cheapest to make though. I'm thinking placement should be on the back glass and rear side windows. They all have factory tint so we can make every decal white. That way we won't have to worry about different colors and will save money.

DarkFox1, Explorer/Mountaineer shouldn't be a big deal. Unless you're close enough to read the badging you can't even tell the difference. It's titled Xplorers too so that should help resolve that even more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You cant put a sticker across the top of your windshield?
Jdraper, did u ever come up with any rules or anything?

Send recomendations for rules to yob_yeknom@explorerforum.com in the subject line type ECX RULES

Back