• Register Today It's free!

Who is running NP435?

Hossexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Baker City, OR.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
My head gasket is gone in my 93' 4.0 and the auto trans has a million miles on it and I'm not willing to fix the engine, but can't make myself sell the EX! So I'm using this as an excuse to put in a V8:D

I've been searching for info for months now tossing the idea around because I have a low mileage carb'd 302 with a dual sump pan and a NP435 with a NP208 transfer case. Before you ask why a carb, I must say I would rather have F.I. and I'm no stranger to F.I. swaps, but this is what I have in my garage and I think it will be fun. That said..

I didn't start this thread to ask a million little questions, but I can't find anyone who has completed a V8/NP435 swap in a ranger/broncoII/Explorer. I would like to see some shifter pics with this trans, at least to get more excited about this!

I have the info and resources to do this swap, I just need some time. Hopefully in the next couple months I will get started and show my progress

Anybody? Did I post in the wrong section or am I just crazy for wanting to do this? Haha

never heard of one myself, its a rockcrusher of a trans, pretty well indestructible. get ready for possible firewall/trans tunnel changes and obviously you will need to build a crossmember for it. np208 is interesting, I'd go with a bw1356 if I had a choice there. little stouter imo. good luck

Back