• Register Today It's free!

Who is the Smart Guy?!!!!

BigDakota

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer SportTrac
Who is the smart guy that can tell me if I can use my stock ("non cd") tape player in a 95 X with a clarion 5 cd changer in my console. Is there a way to utilize any buttons/components on my stock head unit to inteface with the changer. I want to keep a tape deck( otherwise I would just install a cd player. If it cannot be done..hey...thats the way it is... :p :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I had to guess there is probably some AUX input harness that you can buy.... check ebay or call clarion about it.

Ok.. nweibley.. I guess I can check with a local stereo shop and see what they can tell me and then wait for the latest, greatest sale pitch on :confused: a new stereo system!!

I know where I can get the factory head unit that matches my cd changer..its in the explorer I bought the console out of at the parts yard! They want $65 for it....I know its a smokin' deal..but..but..but..

I should just go ahead and dink around with it and see what happens..worst case scenerio is having to buy an in dash player!!! :D

If the clarion has a "fm modulator" available look into that, usually it's a seperate little controller and a hookup to your vehicles antenna. So you can play your cd's through your vehicles audio system utilzing FM radio frequency, usually what like 88.1 or something.

i know that there are interface kits availabe that let you add an aftermarket changer to some vehicles that have cd changer controls... might want to see if the clarion you goit is compatible with one of thsoe interface kits

Back