Who makes a drop pitman arm? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who makes a drop pitman arm?

Originally posted by Dannyboy

I am not planning on putting longer shocks in the stock location, I plan on the shock mounts being at the very bottom of the axle and then I will measure and purchase the according length, does that make any sense?

Dannyboy,
That's make sense. The only problem with instaliing the shocks on the bottom of the axel is that you still loose ground clearance as your lowest point will stilll be the lower part of the shock mount, these can really get banged up off-roading.
With the superlift SOA kit your stock shock mount is flipped to the top of the springs and you gain several inches of clearance on bottom of your rig.

Being that I drive it daily I want the most stable vehicle. As for the clearance, I wont high center anymore and It couldnt drop lower than the pumpkin so I will be satisfied(for now) and the majority of the wheelin I do does not include rock crawlin where I think I would need the extra space, and if I do I will either bang it or change it:)

Back