Who makes aftermarket cat back system for v8 models ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who makes aftermarket cat back system for v8 models ?

Explorer_PL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
Hi -
My 06 v8 has been making some "growling" noise for a while. I went under today and while there, started it with the remote starter in my hand. I see that my muffler and the resonator have cracks and holes, expected at 238k miles. I went on ebay, amazon, and other sites but do not see too many choice of aftermarket systems.
I see you can piece together Walker:

53707 muffler
21565 muffler
52446 extension pipe
54683 tail pipe
35337 2.5 clamp
35336 2.25 clamps x 2
36129 spring bolts kit
31658 donut gasket

Any other options besides OEM ?

I do not want performance, side exhaust type system. I want something quiet.

Thanks

Check Magnaflow and Gibson. Not aware of a dual system.

Thanks Bill

I need something close to OEM, single type. Magnaflow makes one in $ 600-700 range with just 1 muffler from what I see, it may be too loud for me. The walker lists for under 200. But it's just started snowing here, so all the maintenance gets suspended. Time to pull the plow out.

Know what you mean about loud and obnoxious exhaust. Well past that time in my life but still love the sound of a V8 at WOT.

Mentioned the above systems as I think they are 304 s/s, but after looking up the Walker 12465401 kit on Rockauto, it indicates that the main components that you mentioned in your opening post are 400 series s/s. If so, that would be similar to the oem parts and a steal for under $ 200.

Give us a review with what you decide on.

Back