Who makes the good rotors nowadays? 1994 4x4 with abs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who makes the good rotors nowadays? 1994 4x4 with abs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why would you want ceramic? Semi-metallic stops better.

Why would you want ceramic? Semi-metallic stops better.
I don't necessarily. It's just a kit from Rockauto. Make life easy? Reliable rotors? Powerstop doesn't know good brakes from beans for a 94 Explorer? No idea, just random shopping for a reliable setup, it was mentioned up above in this topic and still available from Rockauto.

Bosch 20010309

I got rotors and pads earlier this year from brakeperformance, great price, quick shipping, looks and feels like real quality to my nonprofessional eyes, they are working fine a few months later.

I got rotors and pads earlier this year from brakeperformance, great price, quick shipping, looks and feels like real quality to my nonprofessional eyes, they are working fine a few months later.
Which kit did you buy?

I run SSBC rear disk conversion and have their Big Bite rotors and pads. Up front I have Raybestos Pro grade stock replacement rotors and SSBC Big Bite pads. Great performance, low dust and no squealing.

I did not see my setup in the link you posted. I have kit A124. It fits 8.8 and 9" rear ends.
It did work with stock master and proportioning valve, but it was very soft and lacking power. I later installed a '95 master and it worked much better.

Did you get a non-ABS 95 master? Or did you retain your ABS?

I went with a 2 port master and retained the stock RABS module. Visually, it looks identical to ours, but has proper valving for rear disks rather than drums. I followed JD4242's recommendations for the master from a previous thread a few years back.

Nobody mentioned these... . ..

Ceramic coated ..super quiet .. rust proof, made in Germany.

IMG_20150101_093347_zps20039316.jpg

IMG_20150101_094329_zps5cabe304.jpg
the problem with ceramic coated brake pads is noise, like fingernails on chalk boards

Bosch 20010309

Update on the confusion in this post. This part number is for REAR disc break rotors 1995 and above.

And they are still available just about anywhere......

Back