Who runs a single 10 ?

CALDWELL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Airport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 V6 Silver XLT
I just bought a single RE 10" ( SXX10D2 ) Sub, and it will be powered by a KENWOOD EXCELON ( XR-1S ). I cant wait to finally get rid of my current 12's / amp, and get some space back in my X...

anyone else running a single 10 " Sub in their X ?

what kind of set up do you have ?

pics ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a single ten! *raises his hand*

Its a Kicker Comp ten. I've got 200W rms running to it and it sounds pretty sweet. I think it sounds comparable to the 2 12s I had before. I built a box to go behind the side panel in the rear. much like the stock setup.

no pics yet though

I run a single JL 10w7 with a 1000/1 amp, but not in my X. The thing POUNDS.

I myself had a toss up between 3 subs...

Alpine Type X 10......JL 10w7......RE SXX10D2

I went with the RE for 2 reasons. One the power handling of the sub is more than capable of handling what my amp will put out @ peak power. Two is because i found the sub on Sonicelectronix.com for an unbelievable price :D

hoping by the end of the month to have the new set up running...

Be careful, still. I benched my XR1 at over 1600 ;) Have fun!

Oh, for mine, I plan to use the pair of Sundown 10's, facing up, with a couple passive radiators facing back. I can tune low, and still keep box size small :D Reminds me, I need to e-mail Jacob....

Be careful, still. I benched my XR1 at over 1600 ;) Have fun!

Over 1600.......What equipment did you bench it to get that number? Sounds pretty much impossible.Post a vid of it doing 1600 watts. I would love to see this.

Re subs are made in China now I believe. They are no where near the quality they used to be. A Sundown SA-10 would be your best bet.

Mine ain't stock ;) New power supply and outputs and some other stuff done when I got it fixed. I bought it burnt. Maybe it wasn't the factory stuff it was replaced with?

Thought I'd discussed that here before, but it was over at TMS. Sorry. Nobody knew what the hell I was talking about.

Re subs are made in China now I believe. They are no where near the quality they used to be. A Sundown SA-10 would be your best bet.

Depends on which Chinese factory, but I agree. The SA-10's will replace my SD10 v2's if I kill them, and at 2x the rated power, I will eventually.

Yes it depends......It also depends on what the manufacturer requests from the build house. Re in a nutshell isn't the company it once was.

Mine ain't stock ;) New power supply and outputs and some other stuff done when I got it fixed. I bought it burnt. Maybe it wasn't the factory stuff it was replaced with?

Thought I'd discussed that here before, but it was over at TMS. Sorry. Nobody knew what the hell I was talking about.

That would have to basically be the old case with a new amp inside to do 1600 watts.

That would have to basically be the old case with a new amp inside to do 1600 watts.

:frustrate Apologies. I was wrong. I emailed the guy that rebuilt it. He said it was 1600 burp (I assume peak) to a resistive load. Any clues what this would be reactive? 14v

I've never been able to max it out as I was running my sd1v2's, and I would've powdered the VC's even attempting it. :(

I have a JL W3 2ohm sub in my MTX Thunderform (with a little modification to get that deep ******* to fit in there) with 1000 watts going to it. Its more than enough for me, and since its a small sealed enclosure the stuff I listen to (rock and country) sounds good, nice and tight. And on the rare occasion I decide to bump a little bit it will do that as well. Plus I still have all of the space in the back to haul gear to and from the trails. :thumbsup:

:frustrate Apologies. I was wrong. I emailed the guy that rebuilt it. He said it was 1600 burp (I assume peak) to a resistive load. Any clues what this would be reactive? 14v

I've never been able to max it out as I was running my sd1v2's, and I would've powdered the VC's even attempting it. :(

I would need to know what mods were done.

im getting my new set up installed tommorrow, and cant wait !

I would need to know what mods were done.

When I get it out of my storage unit (probably Spring- no garage at this apartment), I'll get pics and info. Even if it doesn't output more than a standard one, hopefully the 1 ohm performance is consistent and doesn't kill it like others I've read about.

Enclosure - 1.25 cubic feet... ( unknown Hz )

Sub - RE Audio SXX10D2

Amp - Kenwood Excelon XR-1S

This 10 blows my 12's away !!!!

REAUDIO.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good!

Back