Who whould have thought i would do such a thing. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who whould have thought i would do such a thing.

Yep it is what it looks like. I have a little thing with this pond. It is the exact spot where I had a chain break on me and hit a window. I was ask one day if i would ever give it a go and i was all for it. I did end up getting stuck but I was not coming out of that pond but one way and that was all the way through. Enjoy. :thumbsup:
100_2616.jpg

100_2643.jpg

In this one you can see the tree I used to help my self out.
100_2649.jpg

100_2652.jpg

This one was great. My carpet was the worst thing I had ever smelled. Water was almost touching the Back seat. Good news was that it never touched any seat inside. It was close. It caused me to have to pull my carped out. it was bad. I have aslo started a floor liner and quad bucket seating. I have not had the time to finish either.
floor-liner.jpg

i do have video on my myspace and when i figure out how to get that over here i will.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man that sucks, but it gives you an excuse to do some more mods to the x. i think geting rid of that bench seat and putting buckets would look pretty cool.
hummm that might be my next project :D

from what I can see it just looked bad in the beginning... what type of mods do you have on your rig?

Oh i knew it was gonna be a fun day. the other side was great and i have fished people out of this one before so i was told that i should do it just to see. Solid on 36. it was over from the start. sunk instanly and drug all the mud out of the pond and it slid back in slowly over the next week

Oh i knew it was gonna be a fun day. the other side was great and i have fished people out of this one before so i was told that i should do it just to see. Solid on 36. it was over from the start. sunk instanly and drug all the mud out of the pond and it slid back in slowly over the next week

oh man... know what you mean. Been there. Last time I went to Attica I did just that - got stuck in the pond.... but being a little rusty I forgot to put it in 4Low... once I switched it to 4Low I was able to move on my own no problem (almost burned clutch trying to get out in 4 High)
:confused:

unfortunaly this was a pond that was just soaking when it we were low on rain.

mud tends to lock you in... and swollow :smoke:

Back