JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Got my Mach tuned and dyno'd today....296RWHP/324Ft-LB Torque :D :D Stock the car did 270RWHP/289Ft-LB Torque...I've added a Cold air intake/larger MAF combo and a Borla Stinger Cat Back. We tuned it with a Diablo Predator Hand tuner....I'm Happy :burnout: :burnout:

Attachments

• Dyno 3.jpg
    Dyno 3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 290

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice job man do you got pics of ur Mach 1

Something tells me that my eyes might be buried deep in my eye sockets if we go for a cruise in it.. :D

Nice numbers man! :burnout:

Must be nice! A friend of mine has the new Mach 1 -- he then broke the rear end of it - but it's all back together now and he's still driving like an idiot. Good numbers though!

-Drew

I called them up and got your other numbers. These are even more impressive and much more telling of the performance of your Mach1. The red line is the key. Make sure you all get ask for the SOP numbers when you get dynos.

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 266

Nice, I remember when you dynoed it the first time. I was standing right behind the exhaust, it gave me the chills.

jasonb said:
I called them up and got your other numbers. These are even more impressive and much more telling of the performance of your Mach1. The red line is the key. Make sure you all get ask for the SOP numbers when you get dynos.

LOL

That's good Jason..and accurate :D . It definitly pins you back when you bury the throttle.

You forgot one line on the graph...How much Ben shi*s himself in relation to the power when he goes for a ride! :confused: :mattmoon: Last time I took him for a ride, I twitched it sideways going into 3rd at 80 mph. :p

Well, I was back on the dyno today for another tune. I took it to GodSpeed Dyno and Bart Grande worked on the tune with me. The dyno he has is a Land-Sea dyno, and it's supposed to generate #'s that are 10-15% below what a Dynojet generates (My previous runs were on a Dynojet). We ran about 20 pulls, with LOTS of modifications in between runs.

Power mods I have:
Borla Stinger Cat Back
C&L CAI w/Maf
Meziere Electric Water Pump
Diablosport Predator

After many tweaks, we ended up with the graph below . On the Land-Sea dyno, it put down 303.2 Hp and 314.6 Ft-Lbs Torque! These numbers are Standard Corrected. If you use a conservative 10% correction factor to get me comparative to my last Dynojet runs , I would have put down 333 Hp and 346 Ft-Lbs of torque on a Dynojet. Whoo Hoo!!!!

Attachments

• Godspeed Dyno run.jpg
    Godspeed Dyno run.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 182

Dayum! So what makes it read 10% below the other dyno? Do you plan on going to the DynoJet to verify the accuaracy/perecentage difference?

Oh, is that all?!?! :p Awesome numbers Draper!

j602 said:
Dayum! So what makes it read 10% below the other dyno? Do you plan on going to the DynoJet to verify the accuaracy/perecentage difference?

It reads low due to the way it calculates torque. All the dyno manufacturers calculate it differently, and all give different numbers. Dynojets are usually the highest, Mustang dynos and Land-Sea run a little lower #'s.

We did a baseline run on the Land-Sea before we started messing with it, and I got 270Hp and 275 Ft-Lb torque compared with the 296/324 on the Dynojet, so 10% is roughly accurate. I don't have any plans to go back to the dynojet to cross check it because I don't feel like spending the $$ for something that really isn't that important. I was on the dyno today mostly to make sure I had a safe tune in the car to keep the motor happy, and to make sure I was as optimized as I could be. I'll see how it does on the track.

We also datalogged the knock sensors, loop, timing and rpms to make sure we were within a safe window. The knock sensors were sensing detonation right around 5200 rpm and then again at 5550 rpm, which you can see in the data. The knock was much worse BEFORE we increase the timing and the fuel (surprise, surprise). We chased the settings around for several hours before we settled on the final tune. We did have one tune that gave slightly more torque, but it was running way lean, and the knock sensors were working some serious overtime.

BTW, this run was done on 92 pump octane. The guy who owns the dyno thinks I ought to throw a gallon of Sunoco 100 in with every tank of Sunoco 94 (all that is going into the car anymore) to kill the knock. He though that if I ran it on a full tank of 100, I'd be another 20 hp and 20 ft-lbs torque higher. The knock sensors are what's keeping the #'s down right now, but they're also safeguarding the motor.

I can feel the SOTP difference, and now the car will break traction under WOT in second at about 5k RPM, where it wouldn't before...First gear just goes up in smoke even after you are hooked up....Time for better tires.

Back