Who's planning on going to Moab in May? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's planning on going to Moab in May?

becker69

Reaction score
City, State
Centennial, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
I just wanted to post a 'shout out' to see if anyone here was planning on the Moab 08 run (who hadn't posted on that thread). I'm just excited early and wanted to see who was planning on heading out there (besides FlyBoy). It should be a fun one, and I can attest that Fins will definately be run and finished (by me this time!) ;):D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My buddy just picked up a Sport Trac and might come out with me to Moab. It's his DD, stock, and won't be wheeling it, but he does have a '57 CJ5 that he'll probably bring.

I am planning on going provided I can afford it. ( friday is a government payday, yeah) and one of the trucks are able. I hope to tow the Explorer down with our newly purchased Suburban. But if I can't find a trailer I will drive it. If the Ex is broke I will just wheel the Suburban. (if everybody will let me)

Tim

My buddy just picked up a Sport Trac and might come out with me to Moab. It's his DD, stock, and won't be wheeling it, but he does have a '57 CJ5 that he'll probably bring.

Hey that's cool (about the ST), not that he wants another wheelin rig, but he can always wheel his sport trac for a bit of $. I consider myself pretty lucky to have done what I have in mine, considering I really haven't gone 'mod-crazy' and haven't spent all that much on mine.

A '57 wow. That's not something you see everyday in CO. :D

I won't be able to make it, planning on walking the 5K Bolder Boulder & then doing a 100 (century) mile bicycle ride.....

Well, I'll be sorry not to see you there, but that should be awesome. Good luck with all the work for it, I envy the spirit to take part in such an accomplishment! Good luck Perry. :thumbsup: :)

I'm the buddy with the CJ and I'm really hoping I can come with y'all. A lot of it depends on money and the lady's work schedule. Plus it turns out i'm supposed to help plan my wedding scheduled for the 12th of June... But as of now I'm planning on coming. The CJ needs a little work before the trip, some longer legs and replacement leafs. But i'm excited, and hope to join the festivities.

I won't be able to make it, planning on walking the 5K Bolder Boulder & then doing a 100 (century) mile bicycle ride.....

i might do the bolder boulder too... and a century after?? dayyuum! i can't wait to get on the bike again. just had shoulder surgery last week so it'll be awhile :mad:

i'd love to do moab.. not sure i'll vacay built up yet after this whole surgery thing. time will tell!

It looks like I'll be leaving town Friday morning on the 30th. Anybody with a similar schedule want to caravan??

Jeff, I had planned on leaving late Thurs (I have to check our campsite reservations now that we're closer to double check dates) but I might be leaving Fri morning as well. I'll check tomorrow and (post here) and let you know. :thumbsup:

I'm stoked we're getting closer! ;)

You'll have to let me know on the off chance that you're looking for wheels. I have to order the 285's and go to the 16's I have in the garage before the run.

Back