who's replaced radiator lasted the longest? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

who's replaced radiator lasted the longest?

pb3

Reaction score
City, State
STL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 4x2 eb
hi all,

been sitting on replacing the radiator on my '06 v6. ford wants ~$600 (just the part). i see the spectra premium is $176 on RA. yet in reading posts here, several folks' replacement (both oem ford and aftermarket) were leaking too. i know ford's radiators went through some revision differences (aa-AD now?). anyone have a replacement that's over a year old and still leak-free?

tia,
parker

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had mine replaced at 38k under warranty. 146k now with no leaks. Knock on wood! LOL

My Spectra Premium was leaking again within the first year after installing it.

I have a Lynol, and am a year into it. Other then the leaky transmission cooler fitting locks and seals I swapped off the oem I replaced, the thing is good. Still holding antifreeze (knock on wood).

I get that the Ford radiators have been problematic, but why all the aftermarket one's too?
Is it pressure? I don't get it how one vehicle can eat so many radiators, I hope mine last.

My spectra has 28k miles on it, and it's still good.

did you DIY? anything remarkable between the OEM and the spectra in terms of visable build quality, rigidity? also, how well packaged was it- shipping out here seems to be a bit rough.

DIY... nothing special. I did use Gates PowerGrip hose clamps. The bottom hose always squirted coolant in the winter months.....northern New England climate.

Shipping was fine and sturdy...no ding or dents.

I replaced my radiator with a spectra from autozone, and it has been good.

Spectra Premium CU2952 Complete Radiator

Back