who's runnin swaybars and/or steering stablilizer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

who's runnin swaybars and/or steering stablilizer?

wanderer351

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus,OH
the sploder is awfully "wobbly" with the 400 extra lbs of cage..and I was thinking of throwing sway bars back on the front and back..

and a single shock stablizer to compensate for the front ends tendancy to follow ruts/dips..

any input???...the steering still needs another check to make sure the alignment is ok...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put a front swaybar on it and see how it does. I would not bother with a steering stabilizer as it will only mask a problem that is already there. Fix the problem and you wont need a steering stabilizer. :)

Put a front swaybar on it and see how it does. I would not bother with a steering stabilizer as it will only mask a problem that is already there. Fix the problem and you wont need a steering stabilizer. :)

yea I know its a masker...but my crewcab came with one stock...so why not;) (just jokin..but I wanted to see who was runnin one..)

those currie bars are really cool, you should just throw one on the front and not bother with the rear, when i took my rear sway bar off i didnt notice a difference but when the front one came off there was a huge diff. plus if you think this bar is too soft i believe you can get a stiffer replacement torsion bar for it. I was considering getting one of those a few months ago and this one is the cheapest out there too, a couple other companies out there make these but to the tune of like $1000

found the problem!!!

the trackbar bracket on the axle broke the weld...(dee dee dee)...gonna fix it and try again norman...:confused:

Sweet. I mean its not really sweet, but at least you found the problem. :D

Back