Who's up for something later this summer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's up for something later this summer?

would you guys be down for somthing non off road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

somthing like a bbq or gethering of some sorts.

moose1 said:
would you guys be down for somthing non off road.

The BBQ idea would be good, and something we can put together anytime this summer.

Don't fear these trails though moose. I watched a Subaru outback go up the 301

Ya...I've been known to have a cold brew on the trail, but I've gotten all my recklessness out of my system (one too many times with one too many getting lost on the trail and no idea how to get back). I also carry a sidearm, but it's usually locked in my truck somewhere. I don't like to advertise to the dangerous, deadly mountain squirls that I'm ready for them. I'd prefer to surprise them.
In the past year, I've watched my 2 fav wheelin spots get closed because schmucks are out blasting through tree's making their own little mud hole. Stossel creek was like what you guys are talking about doing, no wheelin', just dirt roads, but OMG great scenery. And now sutlin basin is closed....Ranger told me because they found motor oil in the river...

Hey, the way I look at it, we already got one thing in common, that's our rigs. We all just accept eachother's differences, it's all good. Never had a problem on any car site which I've meet up with other members, shouldn't now!

So, what day(s) are we looking at?

dreamr said:
The BBQ idea would be good, and something we can put together anytime this summer.

Don't fear these trails though moose. I watched a Subaru outback go up the 301

I lowerd the expo with a tt and blocks, fully shaving it and such.....

96ExplorerXL4x4 said:
Hey, the way I look at it, we already got one thing in common, that's our rigs. We all just accept eachother's differences, it's all good. Never had a problem on any car site which I've meet up with other members, shouldn't now!

So, what day(s) are we looking at?

Exactly you couldnt have said it any better, I could of thow ;) just kidden.

moose1 said:
I lowerd the expo with a tt and blocks, fully shaving it and such.....

You are rather amusing there moose. First it was a variety of threads about what lift and tires......then you were trying to get one of us to do a Body lift ASAP.....then you were claiming that the next near future step would be an SAS.....Now you lowered it :confused:

BBQ? Pick a weekend, and I will try to attend. I am out of town every other weekend untill October However. I am here this one, and gone next to give you my rough availability. I do need more than a days notice though ;)

Well Phil this one may be sinking ;)
I am still going up there with you of course, and whoever follows....How does the weekend of Aug 19-21 or labor day weekend sound. I would probably have my family for the August and Possibly the Sept Dates.

dreamr said:
You are rather amusing there moose. First it was a variety of threads about what lift and tires......then you were trying to get one of us to do a Body lift ASAP.....then you were claiming that the next near future step would be an SAS.....Now you lowered it :confused:

BBQ? Pick a weekend, and I will try to attend. I am out of town every other weekend untill October However. I am here this one, and gone next to give you my rough availability. I do need more than a days notice though ;)

Well Phil this one may be sinking ;)
I am still going up there with you of course, and whoever follows....How does the weekend of Aug 19-21 or labor day weekend sound. I would probably have my family for the August and Possibly the Sept Dates.

As far as the lift and such i wanted to so the sas and was starting to get the stuff but i kind lost intrest in the whole lifted explorer thing i think they look better lowerd. Plus my wifes short :D :D So i figured id just lower it and go to town.

Im game for when ever, as lond as you dont harrass me for being so irratic in my explorer project. :fire:

moose1 said:
Im game for when ever, as lond as you dont harrass me for being so irratic in my explorer project. :fire:

Hehe I can be harrassed almost as much for the many different routes I have headed along the eventual path to installing the d30 in my garage........

dreamr said:
Hehe I can be harrassed almost as much for the many different routes I have headed along the eventual path to installing the d30 in my garage........

its all in good fun...... :rolleyes:

Me and the wife have hung out with some of these guys, at a BBQ last year. We had LOTS of fun, and can't wait to do it again.

As for a 'streeter' amongst the Off road guys, don't worry. 1 of my Explorers is dropped FAR lower than anyone around here (in the NW that is) has done. All 4 doors are shaved. Hatch is shaved. Roll pan installed. It's very sublte, no stickers anywhere, no gaudy graphics, or paint scheme. Very simple, to the point, and not 'over done', IMO.

My OTHER X is totally stock. Although, we are more than likely going to lift it, and go with some 33's.....SO FAR that is the plan.

We would be down for some type of cruise/drive to the ocean or BBQ this summer. Maybe at that BBQ place in Bellevue again?....or at someone's home, as long as there is sufficient parking available.

Ryan

Here is a link to last years get together at Dixie's BBQ 'Twas a good time.
There could be quite a few so parking is a realistic issue
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127101
20122NW_explorers_meet_and_greet_006.jpg

...I FINALLY added those pics I was talking about last year....LOL

I'd like to 'meet the man' again......LOL

Ryan

Ok, I live with my parents while I'm going to college, so I can't really suggest my place for a BBQ (Although it would be PERFECT!!!!) Can anyone else accomidate one? OR, go to a park and have one there? everythintech, you spoke up saying you have a big place, you up to holding one? Maybe everyone could pitch in $5-10 to help for food costs?

Could we start another thread for an offroad meet near cle elum?

96ExplorerXL4x4 said:
Ok, I live with my parents while I'm going to college, so I can't really suggest my place for a BBQ (Although it would be PERFECT!!!!) Can anyone else accomidate one? OR, go to a park and have one there? everythintech, you spoke up saying you have a big place, you up to holding one? Maybe everyone could pitch in $5-10 to help for food costs?

Could we start another thread for an offroad meet near cle elum?

I wish i had the parking, But if anything the person holding it shouldnt pay for anything just my .02c id rather pay for there share its only fair. But what at a beach or lake or somthing. Have we decided when we were going to do thid it would make it easier i think to deciede were.

moose1 said:
I wish i had the parking, But if anything the person holding it shouldnt pay for anything just my .02c id rather pay for there share its only fair. But what at a beach or lake or somthing. Have we decided when we were going to do thid it would make it easier i think to deciede were.

Lake would be fun, I got a little alaskan boat that I could bring out...

HMMM BBQ at the lake :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN2539.JPG
    DSCN2539.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 65

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a good suggestion Albino?

Back