Why does my driver side door never unlock/lock what do I need | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why does my driver side door never unlock/lock what do I need

dannytech_lt

Reaction score
City, State
Union nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Since I've first owned my truck the power locks Never work.. When I would use my keypad to lock my driver side front door it wouldn't lock .. U could hear whatever controls it in the door but it would never lock the door, so I would always have to push the lock myself to lock the door

Even if u entered my keypad code to unlock the door or lock the door it would never unlock/lock always hear the device inside the door and u can hear it dying

I always have to manually use my key to open the door or I just keep it unlocked ..

Problem is I'll soon be adding a in dash GPS system and I don't want to have unlocked doors with a GPS system in it

What do I need to fix the door actuator? I'll buy it off rock auto and do it myself but idk specifically what I'm buying

On a separate question ... On my Eddie Bauer ... How's the stock alarm.. It never goes off even if I try breaking in it is there even a alarm ?

Im gonna check best buy for a alarm but nothing fancy , I just want my door to lock and I want a. Alarm to protect the GPS in dash

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you looked for the spring fix. This might help and cheap to.

i havent done anything yet , i was going to see what anyone on here sais before i take the door panel off

what the hell is a spring fix

It involves puting a spring on the door lock to provide tension.

Spring Fix

sometimes the shaft on the motor binds up on itself from junk inside the door, iv seen this a couple times in the shop, try removing your door panel spray down the shaft and the boot with some degreaser and push the shaft up and down with your hand a few times(try to get the crap out of it, then wipe it down and try the lock again... its happened on my explorer also and it worked for me

my brother actually reset the alarm or door?

i didnt see what he did cause it was like 10pm tonight but he messed with the key in the ignition and now everything locks perfect

but what the hell alarm is OEM in this thing? the doors were locked , window down a little so i opened the door by putting my hand thru the window and opening it thru the inside and nothing sounded

now i want to add a GPS system to it but i want a alarm to protect it which clearly i dont have working

this damn door unlock/lock is back to how it was !

what the hell

I've had nothing but problems with my front door lock. The latest issue is the lock is jammed in the ulocked position, the key wont even unlock/lock it (feels like it's not even connected to any of the rods) and the actuator is shot and just makes this horrible shreeking sound when I lock/unlock the other doors. Ordering a new actuator tomorrow morning because after 4 months of this I've had enough lol.

i think we have the same problem when i try to unlock the rest of the doors it someitmes wont even unlock them and it makes the shreeking noise like mine does

im assuming both of us have the same issue so i probably have to replace my accuator too... shadow do me a favor when u fix yours tomorrow lemme know how you fixed it because ill probably just order mine from rock auto and pop the door off .. i can only think its the actuator thats shot in my truck .. even when i had my chevy blazer i remember the actuator being shot so ill replace mine

this has been fixed!

did it last week , it was a pain in the ass to work inside the door but it fixed the problem and it is working perfect the other actuators are slow in comparison but i only use the driver door they remain locked at all times

Back