Why Ford, Why???? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why Ford, Why????

You asked why do people buy Mustang GT's with automatics. You answered your own question.

"On the other hand I enjoy that fact that I don't have to manually shift my Exp. I do a lot of city driving to construction sites and I do incure a lot of traffic. It is nice and considered a 'luxury'"

Same way with the automatic Mustang drivers ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Huh, I never thought of that. I should drive my Mustang to the construction site more often. Now, I wonder if my table saw will fit in the trunk....hmmmmm.............

I would prefer that most poeple use automatics! The majority of the people outthere can't drive a stick to save their lives. They "short shift" which p** me off when I'm behind them and have to ride my brakes so that I don't rear end them when they are shifting from first to second to third in about 30 feet and lug their engine the rest of the way. I yell come on wind that pig out before I ram you!!!

Actually, I was going to buy a Jeep Cherokee <ducks> before I bought my Navajo. What kept me from buying it? No manual. And when I asked for 2 doors? Order from the factory he said. When I asked "Whats the ground clearance?" He asked me what I wanted to know that for. I told him I 4 wheel. He said let me look at the pamphlet. It didnt even tell. I ended up stealing a creeper from his auto bay and crawling under there with a tape measure. Were a dying breed folks, and that sucks. I just got started. :(

I'm only 20 and my favorite hobby is viewed as "destruction of the natural world." Hell, I probably do more as a member of tread lightly than all the Sierra Club yuppies in the world.

Back