Why MFT stinks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why MFT stinks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Really, I usually find CR to have good reviews. But I don't read most of them, only things I'm interested in... but still

That control system to me would get old real quick. I predict cars will go back to more of an old analog system as more and more people complain.

I predict they stop making controls so complicated after enough people die in accidents from getting distracted for more than a second, trying to make a simple climate control or radio adjustment that wasn't intuitive.

I'm honestly not wanting all that garbage in my car, just seems overly complicated and distracting. Not to mention impossible for the owner to repair without dropping it off at the stealership.

I agree. I spent the weekend with the Explorer hauling crap to and from the great Michigan north. I only had to worry about a few knobs and buttons. It's so much simpler. My phone played music via bluetooth to my radio, and all was well. No screens to shuffle through, no frustration. I like simple. Simple wins.

Technology is great, but it almost seems like there are some places where you really don't need to have as much tech as it turns into distraction.

IMHO, cars are so refined now that there really aren't many more things they can do to them, so they keep pumping in tech to differentiate them, and in the process they're hypercomplicating them to a level that they don't really need to be at.

Just my opinion though. I just want to get to work and back without flipping out at black screens. :)

Better watch what you say sky net Gunna get ya.

Face it this is just the beginning of high tech in our vehicles. They are pushing for much more technology, not less. The beginning of hands free cars by 2020 has been forecast by many in the industry. I sure don't want to be part of that learning curve.

Or driving around that learning curve with someone hands free coming at me... :D

What I hate the most is lack of options. You have to choose one at the beginning and you are stuck with it. No aftermarket radio. Which makes you spend more money to get the upgraded sound system.

I'd like to see all this high-tech craziness go into the powertrain, rather than just the entertainment features.

Using multi-core CPUs, software that allows the driver to choose performance or mileage programs, similar to what we already do with laptops or performance chips but from the factory.

I know a good computer-controlled engine can get 100+ MPG if a carbureted one from the 70's-80's can get 50-60 MPG. Probably won't happen until we all stop buying stuff that only gives tiny advances in tech and demand up to date stuff instead.

Or driving around that learning curve with someone hands free coming at me... :D

While wearing one of those helmets with twin Beer cans on it. I guess this means more drunks behind the...I mean,ugh behind the dash, I guess.

Wait until they go rental, be rented out a year in advance on New Years.

Back