Why we don't let 14 year olds drive... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why we don't let 14 year olds drive...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are we sure he wasn't trying out the self parking feature? 不

I think there will be a lot or picture worthy events with the new autonomous self driving cars soon. Any glitch in the software or electronics will result in random variable actions by the vehicles.

I took my Mom's Vega wagon to the skate rink when I was 15, post drivers ed training. Parents were out of town. I was totally paranoid and went home after about an hour. By 15, I had been driving dune buggies and off road vehicles for 6-7 years, and dirt bikes for 10, so I knew how to drive, but did not want to face the wrath of my Dad if something went wrong.

ah shoot, so that means my rate will be the same as his? ah man!!! no wonder its so expensive for young druvers let alone males! aint no fair. at least i can get a reduction with good grades etc i think, but still :(
I'm paying 84 a month for lability on my 99 not sure what the rates are in cali

A friend and I were both 15 and in drivers ed class at the same time. One night I was at his house with his parents gone and he said he wanted to take his mom's Monte Carlo out for a ride. I eagerly agreed and off we went. I knew things weren't good as soon as he said "Let me know if I'm too close to the mail boxes on your side".:eek: Thankfully we made it back with no issues. 不
Reminds me of being 16-17 years old at my friends house. His parents were away, and he had keys to brothers Camaro. We went for a joyride, including some 'elevated' speeds above the legal limit. On returning home I notices how much nylon cord was showing around the middle of the tires. We were lucky.

yeah here its gonna be higher, my buddy who's 21 no accident clean record is 3900 yearly for full coverage. still gonna be higher than AL here in cali, and as a teenager under 20.......... gonna go broke 不

yeah here its gonna be higher, my buddy who's 21 no accident clean record is 3900 yearly for full coverage. still gonna be higher than AL here in cali, and as a teenager under 20.......... gonna go broke 不
Yep the south don't care at all as long as no tickets or reckless driving

One thing I've noticed with my insurance, I've had it since I've started driving and never filed a claim, rates have dropped to $29 a month for each vehicle I insure.

Insurance is all about driving history and claims paid. I pay $800 for 6 months of full coverage for a 11 F150 Raptor, 02 F250 diesel, 07 Focus ST and my car trailer. When my oldest started to drive Geico was the biggest pain as they wouldn't insure my vehicles without him on the policy. They wanted $3200 for 6 months, same coverage. Needless to say the wife's truck and his car are on a different policy now than mine and we both now have Progressive.

Stole his father's keys and crashed down the street from my house.
Parallel parking fail. Living in a farming state, I got my license at 14-1/2. I think I was in 9th grade junior high school. Too young to drink or be drafted, but old enough to drive a massive farm combine on the highway. Now a days kids learn to drive playing Fast and Furious video games.

I wish Ohio was this way. They dont even do anything to car thieves under 18. Get slapped on juvenile probation, and thats the end. Even if you get multiple felony evasion and firearms charges. Nothing gets done.
That is one of the many reasons I left.

Parallel parking fail. Living in a farming state, I got my license at 14-1/2. I think I was in 9th grade junior high school. Too young to drink or be drafted, but old enough to drive a massive farm combine on the highway. Now a days kids learn to drive playing Fast and Furious video games.
In Chicago? More like GTA V. 不

Insurance is all about driving history and claims paid. I pay $800 for 6 months of full coverage for a 11 F150 Raptor, 02 F250 diesel, 07 Focus ST and my car trailer. When my oldest started to drive Geico was the biggest pain as they wouldn't insure my vehicles without him on the policy. They wanted $3200 for 6 months, same coverage. Needless to say the wife's truck and his car are on a different policy now than mine and we both now have Progressive.
Some insurance companies use your credit history to see if they can get more money out of you. Not sure how a 30 day late on a credit card makes you more of a risk to insure...

That is one of the many reasons I left.
Its fine. Im adding a kill switch, a shock sensor triggered LED bank, and a text alert. Next time Ill gladly shoot it out with them.

Steal my Kia twice, shame on you. Steal my Kia three times色

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats gonna leave a mark, and I dont think it will buff out

Back