Wider tires on 06 EB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wider tires on 06 EB

I just picked up a 06 EB with the v8 and chrome 18" rims. The stock ones are 235/65/18, which I think they look alittle narrow. I checked a tire caculator and said 255/60/18 is the same diameter but wider.

Does anyone have wider tires on stock wheels? Pic would help. THanks

Welcome! Sorry about not having a pic for you, but the true width of the tire is going to really stand out if you add wider rims. When I switched my stock tires out for larger tires, you could see the diff in height, but not a lot in terms of width. The rims I have now are just an inch wider, but it made the same tire look much better and the vehicle felt more responsive. I'll try to get a pic up here... thanks!

Rims... tires

Welcome! Sorry about not having a pic for you, but the true width of the tire is going to really stand out if you add wider rims. When I switched my stock tires out for larger tires, you could see the diff in height, but not a lot in terms of width. The rims I have now are just an inch wider, but it made the same tire look much better and the vehicle felt more responsive. I'll try to get a pic up here... If new rims are not an option, then try to safely max out the recommended width. thanks!

Thanks for the pics. I've been shopping around and prolly pick a new set as soon as winter breakup is over with.

old pics scanned, but...

OEM v. Aftermarket tire on OEM rim

Back