Wigwag for 2020 Ford Explorer XLT

Rodri86

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx, Ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Hi 👋,
Can the 2020 explorers headlights wig-wag on the civilian models? Like the XLT, ST, and platinum?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi 👋,
Can the 2020 explorers headlights wig-wag on the civilian models? Like the XLT, ST, and platinum?
wig wag? adaptive headlights?

Hi 👋,
I believe they adjust a little as you turn but are not adaptive. They were not legal at the time of production. They just legalized it.

also, must say, was a nice chuckle today! havent heard the term wig wag to describe headlights before 🤣 :D :D

also, must say, was a nice chuckle today! havent heard the term wig wag to describe headlights before 🤣 :D :D
Wig wags are when the high and low beams alternate like on a police or emergency vehicle.

Why would you need this on a civilian model?

Wig wags are when the high and low beams alternate like on a police or emergency vehicle.

good to know! I took. it as like dog wagging tail 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

not sure, but you could sync it up to some music!

Welcome.

And wouldn't it be illegal to do so since it would be considered impersonating an officers vehicle?

good to know! I took. it as like dog wagging tail 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

not sure, but you could sync it up to some music!
My Brothers Tesla does Music Beats . At a gathering of around 40 of those alll synched together, that was pretty cool

And wouldn't it be illegal to do so since it would be considered impersonating an officers vehicle?
It's possible that he may be a volunteer firefighter and is just looking to add for response.

My Brothers Tesla does Music Beats . At a gathering of around 40 of those alll synched together, that was pretty cool
theres ev meets now?? 💀

theres ev meets now?? 💀
wonder if anyone brings a generator.............
1664980249301.png

I believe they adjust a little as you turn but are not adaptive. They were not legal at the time of production. They just legalized it.
Hopefully just for emergency responders.

It's possible that he may be a volunteer firefighter and is just looking to add for response.
But wouldn't it have yo be approved? The OP seems to have steered clear of questions or he's been busy and hasn't checked this thread.

Hi 👋,
The headlights don't "wig-wag" on those models you mentioned. I think the word you were looking for was matrix headlights. They were just approved for use in North America. My Aviator has Adaptive Pixel headlamps that automatically adjusts the beam to the vehicle's speed and follows lane marking going into corners.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi 👋,

They can, but you would still need a headlight flasher unit as well as a switch box of some sort. Are you looking to only have wigwag function or flashback and other emergency lighting as well?

Back