Will 06-08 tail light guards will fit an 05? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 06-08 tail light guards will fit an 05?

youve spent your cash wisely you have a damn fine looking truck man

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

'02-'05 tail lamps are interchangeable with '06-'10 tail lamps. But you need to use different clips

So if the sheet metal is the same all other accessory should fit.

May just spend the extra money to buy a set specifically made for my X. No use in buying something and it not working (i think they will).

youve spent your cash wisely you have a damn fine looking truck man
Thanks, appreciate the compliments. I wish I could get a bull bar/brush guard like you have. Then I could do some serious off roading without worrying about my bumper! :D

Every 4 x 4 that comes out down here has a bull/roo bar option airbag compat is an issue for a custom fab postage an issue buying from oz. Mines alloy not steel maybe a ally boat maker could do something? I dont know how many lakes there are in Utah, but if you could find a custom bull/brush/roo bar fabricator you'd hit all the birds with one stone. Air bag compatability is the issue, otherwise you could just get a prime movers bullbar and mount that. if you want me to I can see what I can find over here (second hand, wreckers) and let you know? But any custom alloy fab joint should be able to hook you up with what you want, if they can do the airbag sensors. Postage from Oz will kill any dreams of a good down under roobar for a reasonable price.

I have some tailight gaurds on mine... they are the correct year though. They feel very sturdy when i hang on to them and they dont feel like they would rip off from a bush, maybe snap the branch off, but no damage to the light or gaurd. :thumbsup:

x6.jpg

Those tail light guards look hell good.Sorry guys when I said bush I meant off road, anything from twigs all the way up to redwoods, rock out crops etc. Apologies for doubting the strength of the guards and for using Aussie slang.(sometimes I type how I think:D)

Those tail light guards look hell good.Sorry guys when I said bush I meant off road, anything from twigs all the way up to redwoods, rock out crops etc. Apologies for doubting the strength of the guards and for using Aussie slang.(sometimes I type how I think:D)

Hope I don't snag a redwood anytime soon :p: Think my X would be destroyed if I snagged one of these.
Redwood-Tree.jpg

The Aussie Slang...I've looked up some of it, because sometimes I was thinking what are you saying??? Haha now I know what a lot of it means. Here's what the dictionary I am using.
Australian Slang Dictionary

That is exactly what I want for my X. They look sturdy and good to hear they are. I probably will go for the 02-05 ones, make sure they are a perfect fit.

You got hold of a gem there Nate. If only Ford still exported explorers down here I'm sure we'd see that as a sticky!:D

Just like the title says. I'm looking at buying some tail light guards and I noticed I can get a nice set of 06-08 tail light guards for $50.00, free shipping. But I'm not sure if it will fit my 05. The 05 ones aren't too much more, but if these ones will fit I'll buy these.
Anyone know if these will fit?

Hi there NHarris,

I've got two tailight guard sets on sale on Fleebay, pm me if you're interested, I think I've got them selling for 90$ or 100$ BIN plus shipping. They are the same ones as those found in the picture, they do look good, and they've saved my tailights from a runaway shopping cart.

pm me if you're interested.

Minivek,
I've seen yours before (listed on ebay), I just need to get the spare cash. Good price for a set of Westin guards. If you don't sell those by christmas/new years (I know I will have the cash by then) I'll definately buy them. Westin's items are damn sturdy.
You got hold of a gem there Nate. If only Ford still exported explorers down here I'm sure we'd see that as a sticky!:D
Some days I wonder if my X is or not...I hope now that I've done tons of servicing on it that it's going to be out of the shop for a while (except for oil). So far she has been running like a charm. Everytime I walk in there the service advisors ask me, "what's wrong with the explorer now?"
I will give the last owners one thing, they kept the interior looking good! Well, thats until I removed the interior to clean it ;) Then I found it wasn't so clean...oh well.
I think ford made a mistake by not exporting the ex. But, as always ford was looking for ways to cut costs :rolleyes:

Yeah mate, ford oz developed the territory, piece of s*** imo but hey progress is progress? i think that came out here in 2007, the gem is that oz dictionary. I had to read that a - z, its got some beauties , and your ex of course, bloody marvelous is she.
I found with mine once id sorted a couple of issues + worked out how much maintenance a newish car needs shes been good. the only other rig i'd own would be a f250 and they'll run me $90,000 for a 2006 model down here, but I love my ex and wouldnt own anything else (except perhaps a 2005 V8 explorer) love the shape and the same goes for the effys, post 2005 look too modern for me.

Couldn't fit a roo bar on a post 05. The bumper and grille is one piece (if I am correct).
Damn! Thats a lot of cash for a F250. I think I can get a used 2007 F350 for only $30000 USD ($31133.40 AUD) and that's still quite expensive being that it has over 70K miles. Wish I had gotten a V8, but the V6 has its advantages.
Was curious on if the F250s were the same and australia's F250s have the better 7.3 litre engine (if they are the same engines as america used).
04 F250 XLT
Just an explorer I found.... :) Billet Grille! haha I love the color on this X. I think its awesome! I want a set of the tails on that X.
02 Explorer XLT
Steering wheel is on the wrong side again! haha J/K

I think they run the same varients as the U.S. They only had 3 options tho'
- 7.3 lt turbo
- 5.4 V8
- 4.2 lt (way too small in a truck like this.)
Yeah we do things arse about down here. I think I'd spin out driving a lefty. Especially a manual! I was just going to get my ex because I wanted an effy but couldn't afford one it would have been good for the long trips I do, god help the poor bloody roo that jumped in front of an F250 haha. I got my ex 2 years ago 62,000 miles (100,000k's) and it cost me $18,007 drive away. All me mates have landcruisers and patrols and jeez did I get some s*** when I said I was getting an exploder, f*** em tho' Im happy and I'd buy another one tomorrow!

for a while I was thinking about importing my own truck but never got too far into that. V10's and powerstroke 6.0 lt's oooh aaahh!:D

oh no not the V10 :nono: Those are gutless for the size of the engine. Its either the deisel or V8. I assume you haven't seen the new 2011 F250. 400 HP or 298KW, and 800 ft lbs of torque or 1083 Nm of torque. Thats the best f250 yet :) (IMO)

Holy Sh*t you could see that logo coming from halfway across town! :eek:

I cant see the pic at the moment but 2005 peaked in front end looks I reckon. solid upright ,tough lookin' vehicles, but only my opinion. Just checked it out Nate, its just not my cup of tea. I'd be thinking about a Louiville before that, only exterior shots, f*****' lovely inside;)

2011-ford-super-duty.jpg

1774901d0.jpg

Some other pics...
I like the looks to a point, probably too many electronics.
The new F150s suck! :mad: They have too much electronics stuff for a pick-up truck. Won't last like the old trucks.
On another note...at least australia gets a new ranger :D

aye, the ranger is a nice small ute. same category as hilux(toyota), navara(nissan) and triton(mitsu). none of these utes have a v8 option in oz which is a bugger. i looked at some of those before i bought my ex but its nice to have the extra width so im not rubbing shoulders with the person sitting next to me (on the left haha!)

Glad toyota has the tacoma here! At least nissan got it right...did the frontier down there in oz (<- picking up the aussie slang terms). The ranger has a turbo deisel option! :)
Dang oz doesn't have the Xterra! That's an SUV! Dang you australians are deprived of SUVs.
Xterra has a stock Nismo supercharged V6 (optional)...I had the opportunity to buy one, but my X was the same price, and my X has lower miles/km's.
The Xterras are really nice and leave a strip of rubber if you floor it off a light! :D Only other reason I didn't buy it after I test drove it was, there was less than a half-inch between my legs and the steering wheel! :eek: But that Xterra is still stalking me, I think the new owner of it lives 20 houses down from me. ha ha
That Xterra I looked at looked just like this one:
6839603-1-3-0d753b86.jpg

Bloody hell! If I saw that on the street I would never have picked it as a nissan, I can see why you looked at it. Theres nothing worse than not having space around you and no room to move. Mum and Dad were looking at the nissan murano, that things got everything that opens and shuts, electric fold down rear seats, 6 speed variable auto and 200 kw. Their getting on in years now so the safety features were a priority, this thing s**** safety.

And no I dont think '06 tailguards will fit on it

Attachments

• 6WAMG3CA3LYIISCAQCKD1RCAG0470FCA2D5ESSCAZ9LI2NCAQ011YPCA52ZQZXCA272TVXCA09S7OOCAJRY61FCAUYZ8DWCA.jpg
    6WAMG3CA3LYIISCAQCKD1RCAG0470FCA2D5ESSCAZ9LI2NCAQ011YPCA52ZQZXCA272TVXCA09S7OOCAJRY61FCAUYZ8DWCA.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 8KT7ILCAEFCFF7CAUB9RSMCACKWX4HCADB6OA5CANAXQ0LCAL9L6OLCAJ3SL9JCAJVPUJBCA571P3UCA765K1OCAXQORU8CA.jpg
    8KT7ILCAEFCFF7CAUB9RSMCACKWX4HCADB6OA5CANAXQ0LCAL9L6OLCAJ3SL9JCAJVPUJBCA571P3UCA765K1OCAXQORU8CA.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 213
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 215

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah...only safety feature you need is a full truck frame and two airbags, well I guess older folks need more, but I don't need those fancy safety features yet :)
That Xterra was in excellent shape with 89850miles (144599KM) and the Ex had 59998miles (96557KM) at the time I first looked at it, by the time I bought it, oddly another 1000 was put on it. :dunno: It was at 60598 at the purchase date.
The dealer wanted....I think $12900 USD Total for the Xterra, and my X was $13200 USD Total. Choice was obvious...still I would've loved to take that Xterra for the weekend ha ha ;)
The Xterra would've been a cheap modding car. Just a set of tail light guards, High flow filter, and an exhaust; I would've been done with it. Instead my X has a few more things to go...speakers, TL guards (keeping on topic ;) ), Cragar Soft 8's and that'll do it for me. Maybe a lift, but doubt it...too expensive for the time.

Back