Will 12.50s fit on 15x7? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 12.50s fit on 15x7?

I am in the market for some new wheels and tires. I'd prefer 15x8 rockcrawlers with 33" 12.50 15 mud tires. But I was wondering if 12.50s will fit on 15x7 size wheels. And also, if anyone has any suggestions as to where to purchase such items I'l appreciate it. I search ebay and here everyday but an answer to this would help me out a lot.

Thanks
Travis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

35"s yes, 33"s not very well.

Why is that? Before there is more room for the tire to expand or something? Just curious.

Thanks
Travis

i am not sure what the heck alec is talking about... but physically you can fit a 12.5 on a 7" rim

however, the most ideal width would be around and 8-9" rim ....

with a 12.5 on a 7 you may experience wierd wear characteristics and decreased tread life expectancy

its not ideal, but it will work. you may experience some increased wear in the center of the tread.

to further explain alec's post, the angle on the bead would be greater on a 33x12.50 on a 7" rim than a 35x12.50

in other words, because their is more sidewall on the 35, the bead will not be at as much of an angle as with a 33.

thanks James.

yeah james, thanks for clearing that up... i didnt understand that until you explained it... then it made sense....

Thanks for the help guys, think I'm going to go with the 15x8 with the 12.50s

Thanks
Travis

Bolt Patterns

One more thing. Would 15x8s that came of an S10 fit an Explorer. I'm looking at some but I haven't got a response from the guy on the bolt pattern and I'm not sure if it would fit. I know it's got 5 bolt but not sure if it's 4.5 or what. Anyone got an answer for me?

Thanks
Travis

Just heard back from the guy. They're 4 3/4 but thanks for the help.

Travis

S10's and most GM cars are all 5 on 4 3/4.

full size up till 99 were 5 on 5. now all fullsize are 6 lug. in short, no chevy wheels will interchange with ours.

Ralated Topic

Does anyone know what the rim width is on our stock 16" rims. Are they 8"s wide? And will a 33x12.50x16 fit ok on our stock rims and not brake the steering due to the tires being too big. Thanks for the help, I have been woundering about this for a while. any suggestions would be great.

They are 16x7. You could maybe get away with 33/12.5s on them, but it isn't a recommended set-up (I wouldn't do it). Your steering would be fine.

So i should go with the 10.50, man that realy sucks, I was hopeing the rims were wider so I could go with a wider tire. Thanks for the good info Robb

Do you know if BFG makes the A/T in a 33x11.5x16, probably not, just figgured i would ask? thanks again Robb. Ive noticed thruout the site that you give pretty good advice.

I know that tirerack doesn't list any tires in a 33x11.5/16, not sure if other makers have them.
Ive noticed thruout the site that you give pretty good advice.
SHHHHHHHHH! I got a reputation to maintain.:)

Back