Will 20" wheels fit a UK Ex ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 20" wheels fit a UK Ex ?

Guys,

I have a 1998 Explorer, I am in the UK and trying to find styling bits is a nightmare, I have found a place that according to their brochure sold 20" wheels to fit the EX, I rang them and they said that there was no way any other size wheels will fit other than the original 16" items due to the EX's unusual offset !!!!!!! :confused:

What's the score ? Are they talking rubbish ?

I have seen loads of Ex's on www.cardomain.com with larger wheels & tyres....is the offset of the UK Ex different to the US model ?

I need some big wheels to fill out my arches and stop Shogun drivers laughing at my massive overhangs ! :fire:

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they are full of crap, a 20" wheel will fit fine... there is nothing unusual about the offset, you just need to make sure you know what you are getting

As I thought, cheers guys ;)

hi nippon m8 good to see someone else in the uk.
have you tried www.dgt-international.com they are based in basildon essex i am going to give them a go myself when i get some time but i don't see it being a prob fitting 20".as for styling i'm in the same boat.i did e-mail honest charley about a front lower bumper but had no reply if i find anything i'll let you know :cool:

Hi mate,

I've found a place in the UK that does 20"s and 22"s for the EX

http://www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk

But nothing on the styling front.....only Ford and they want a grand for the Mk3 Northface front and rear bumpers.....guess I'd better start saving !

Back