Will 33" fit on with a 2" Body Lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 33" fit on with a 2" Body Lift

Sethro

Reaction score
City, State
Battle Creek, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT SOHC
I am wondering if I can fit 33"x12.5" tires on my '97 Explorer with a Torsion Twist/Shackles and a 2" Body Lift. How much trimming? What exactly will need to be trimmed? What about 32"s?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am running the same setup with 31" tires, and if you can get 33s to fit you are good! I don't see anyway to get 33s on with out cutting alot. 32s would fit, but you would have to do some trimming. I was in the same position as you and I have decided to switch to the 3" so that I can run the 33s.

Originally posted by Sethro
I am wondering if I can fit 33"x12.5" tires on my '97 Explorer with a Torsion Twist/Shackles and a 2" Body Lift. How much trimming? What exactly will need to be trimmed? What about 32"s?

No amount of body lift is going to prevent your 33" tires from rubbing on your front sway bar. My 265 75R16 tires rub slightly under full lock on my sway bar.

in my experience there is no way 33s will fit with a 2 inch BL

Unless mr sawzall is your friend.......

TDAVIS, another member here, has a 6 inch lift and 35s

Originally posted by Sethro

My 97 has a 4" suspension lift with a 2" body lift and my 33's still rub. You can run 32's but not 33's.

Back