Will 4 X 20X8.5 35P offset - 6.2" Backspace fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 4 X 20X8.5 35P offset - 6.2" Backspace fit?

FF00RD

Reaction score
City, State
Aussie here
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
Hi guys I really need your help. I am not the most confident when sorting out rims. Will these fit ok on my 02 limited? I have to change rims asap as one of mine has become porous. I will be buying these online. Here's the info:

4 X 20X8.5 35P offset - 6.2" Backspace with 5-114.3 stud pattern.

Thanks heaps for your help

If they will work i will get up some pics as soon as i put them on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Judging by my wheels, 6.2" of backspacing will be too much and will most likely rub the steering knuckle.

Those rims would work if you decided to use 1"or larger Hub Centric Wheel spacers (http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...+spacer&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313)

The rims you are considering MAY fit your truck without wheel spacers because they are a 20" rim and because the steering knuckle kinda angles back from the rims, you would have more room than my rims, but that would be a gamble on your part. If you can afford to have your truck down for a week, then i'd say buy those rims and see if they'll fit, if they don't, buy yourself some wheel spacers and wait for them to show up :popcorn:

My rims are 17x9" with a +24 offset and 6" of backspacing. i can barely fit my finger in-between the rim and the steering knuckle.

here are pictures of my rims and the clearance to the steering knuckle
100_0637.jpg

100_0636.jpg

100_0634.jpg

100_0633.jpg

100_0627.jpg

100_0625-1.jpg

Goodluck!

Judging by my wheels, 6.2" of backspacing will be too much and will most likely rub the steering knuckle.

Those rims would work if you decided to use 1"or larger Hub Centric Wheel spacers (http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...+spacer&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313)

The rims you are considering MAY fit your truck without wheel spacers because they are a 20" rim and because the steering knuckle kinda angles back from the rims, you would have more room than my rims, but that would be a gamble on your part. If you can afford to have your truck down for a week, then i'd say buy those rims and see if they'll fit, if they don't, buy yourself some wheel spacers and wait for them to show up :popcorn:

My rims are 17x9" with a +24 offset and 6" of backspacing. i can barely fit my finger in-between the rim and the steering knuckle.

Goodluck!

he is absolutely right .. i just went through it all myself

he is absolutely right .. i just went through it all myself

thanks for the responses Kazer and armysoldier30263!

Bummer... was keen as mustard to get these rims. Yeah I can't afford to take the gamble and buy them. They were show wheel streeters. A nice classic looking rim. Very similar to the Bullitts I guess.

What would you guys say is the perfect offset with the 20x 8.5. they will still have the same offset. What about 5.75??

responded to other post

Thanks Kazer, I want to try and steer clear of spacers if I can. Can get a 12+ with 5.14in back space. Will that be better?

Yeah, those should definitely work

cheers mate, they won't stick out too far from the fender will they?

They should be almost exactly flush with the fenders

here is a 275 wide tire on a 20x8.5" rim with a +18 offset. +12 will stick out a mere 6 more millimeters further, hardly noticeable.

100_0673.jpg

100_0677.jpg

Back